💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

One small change I would make to Chromatica...

Spyro

Featured Posts

Spyro

So.. my complaints with Chromatica are small and roughly minor..

But, there's one thing I felt could be changed up to give the other songs a chance, such as Fun Tonight & 1000 Doves (some of the least liked songs on this forum).  I feel it's not so much as the songs themselves, but more of their placements in the track list and that can matter a lot. 

Fun Tonight follows Free Woman and moves on to Chromatica II.  1000 Doves follows Sine From Above unto Babylon.  The problem - I feel - with 1000 Doves, is that it's following a high-tempo energetic Elton John track.  If you follow that with another high-tempo energetic track, you could run into fatigue and possibly burn out.  If, for say, you placed Fun Tonight instead, it allows the listener to "breath" and soak-in Sine From Above.  That's what happened from my first listen.  I was blown away from SFA and I had another great dance track after?  I wanted to calm down a little bit tbh. :sweat:  That's why I kinda feel people skipped 1000 Doves.  And maybe Fun Tonight would've been received better.  I mean, imagine if 1000 Doves followed Free Woman instead.. they're both incredibly uplifting songs and "feel good".  

I'm not to entirely familiar what each Act tells and I'm not sure switching them changes that up, but the average listener is honestly not going to care that much.  So, I would switch Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves in the track list.  Thoughts?

Spyro the Dragon

Katsuki Bakugo

The only thing I would change is how long the tracks are- They all could all go for 1 min longer each including the interludes.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Gracious Gaga

I would just remove fun tonight & 1000 doves from the album completely,

♄ Kindness Police.

Spyro
Just now, Melisandre said:

The only thing I would change is how long the tracks are- They all could all go for 1 min longer each including the interludes.

I feel the track lengths for the most part are ok, but 911 felt way too short to me. :rip: 

Spyro the Dragon

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

I would just remove fun tonight & 1000 doves from the album completely,

1000 doves can stay. Enigma as gay and amazing as it is can leave. 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I feel the track lengths for the most part are ok, but 911 felt way too short to me. :rip: 

Nah much longer please! I want to dance not just get into dancing and its a new song already. 

Chromatica Island

I wouldn't change a thing tbh. 911 could be longer as it is my favorite.

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

Spyro
1 minute ago, Melisandre said:

1000 doves can stay. Enigma as gay and amazing as it is can leave. 

I DID NOT MAKE THIS THREAD TO ALLOW ENIGMA SLANDER 

giphy.gif

Spyro the Dragon

ElectricAlley

I would change Free Woman. The demo was so high energy, and the bridge blasted me off to another dimension! The final version starts off so boring, and builds into nothing. If the “I want want want want want want to be be be free free free” was in there it would be the PERFECT ending to that song and explode with pop perfection. Ngl, I was wrong to listen to the leak but I was so disappointed when I was listening to the album and heard Free Woman. 

Katsuki Bakugo
1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I DID NOT MAKE THIS THREAD TO ALLOW ENIGMA SLANDER 

giphy.gif

Hear me out. I just don’t want it on there  because it was the old title track for When it was called Enigma. 

Spyro
2 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

Hear me out. I just don’t want it on there  because it was the old title track for When it was called Enigma. 

Wait, no shade but I don't understand what you're saying. lol  

Spyro the Dragon

Acid Wonderland

I would have liked her to add certain elements from productions that Sophie and Boys Noize have worked on, maybe even adding the Redone tracks that they did before Joanne. it would have added a touch of diversity sonically. But apart from that it's a very cohesive and uniform album, maybe too cohesive if that makes sense. I like unpredictable albums that have a bit of everything but that's personal taste.

Katsuki Bakugo
Just now, Spyro said:

Wait, no shade but I don't understand what you're saying. lol  

Chromatica was going to be called Enigma. Then it changed and became Chromatica.

HugoJG

I like how 1000 Doves follows Sine From Above because both songs has a powerful spiritual meaning, maybe that's why they put them together. 

Spyro
2 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

Chromatica was going to be called Enigma. Then it changed and became Chromatica.

Ohh gotcha. lol  I didn't know that

Spyro the Dragon

Archived