💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Taylor influences Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll, Enigma and Replay?

Ariana Grindr

Featured Posts

Cheriedarling

Mhhh.. not sure but for me these songs are more about herself who is talking to her own reflection , than about an ex even Enigma i could be wrong but don't think it's about Taylor, or Carino :ohwell: 

I'll keep looking for Wonderland

Scarlet Witch

I thought you meant Taylor Swift and I was about to drag the **** out of you kii

OT: I think so

Hybrid AT
19 minutes ago, funkyhaus said:

And Perfect Illusion is about social media :stalkga:

No, but if you pay enough attention to it, it does sound like the Stefani side of her is saying that to her Gaga side. 

You love the paparazzi, love the fame
Even though you know it causes me pain

Gaga loves the fame, the attention, the paparazzi. Stefani doesn't, because fame comes with a price. She's singing the song to herself.

Also, in Joanne she was still hiding things. In Chromatica, she isn't anymore. It's a part of her "radical acceptance" and her healing.

I never even thought PI was about social media anyway, it's clear that song is about Taylor, no matter how hard she tried to hide it :trollga:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

pop ate my heart

There's not 1 song in this album that talks about men in that way. The album's concept is VERY specific

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

NFRatwell

Why do y’all always ask these thought provoking questions and write an analysis when she’s already discussed what each song is about :poot:

FT is about her self

PD is about the music industry

Enigma is about her as Lady Gaga

Replay is about Trauma and PTSD. It’s on her Spotify if you want to hear it. 

River

Plastic Doll is about Carino and how he used her as a show off girlfriend, she's saying that she was just a doll to him, he used to buy her beautiful things, show her to his friends, brag about her, controlling her, like a doll.

also it's a hint that she was mute, a vessel, she couldn't scream for help and to say how unhappy and scared she is in that relationship, she wanted out, but she was so numb like a doll that she couldn't even talk about leaving him.

Fun Tonight is probably about the night they broke up and she's talking about his obsession to her, that he liked Gaga and not Stefani, he was enjoying the paparazzi and the fame, even though he knew they caused her pain, but it's a double meaning, I guess he liked the song and the album too, so this thought of him liking something of her, is hurting.

These 2 songs describes how stalky, toxic and actually terrifying relationship she had with Carino.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

:billie:

I know that 97.8% of Taylor's discography is  about her ex boyfriend of a month (with the other 2.8% being about Kimye), bit she didn't invent songs about relationships. 

dit

I kind of only hear a slight Taylor tinge on Fun Tonight because it is very story based and also tries to fit in a lot of lyrics in a melody that doesn;t really work with the lyrics in a way which is something Taylor is notorious for. Idk why but it reminds me of like Getaway Car

Hybrid AT
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

:billie:

I know that 97.8% of Taylor's discography is  about her ex boyfriend of a month (with the other 2.8% being about Kimye), bit she didn't invent songs about relationships. 

The OP is talking about Taylor Kinney, not Taylor Swift :toofunny:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Chromatican

Fun Tonight: Carino

Plastic Doll: General/World Treatment of Women

Replay: Fusari 

Enigma: General/Metaphor for Gaga As An Artist

42 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

The OP is talking about Taylor Kinney, not Taylor Swift :toofunny:

Omg :billie:

1 hour ago, Ariana Grindr said:

Tittle.

edit: I feel as though in her music she has never referenced this relationship even though I thought it was going to be forever-lasting.

ps: I’m drunk and miss mine 

I'm gonna respond to this the correct way now knowing you are talking about Taylor KINNEY...:selena:

I didn't personally walk away from any of these songs thinking they were about Taylor. ARTPOP and majority of Joanne sounded like they were about Taylor. 

Chromatica seems like it's about the industry, her mental health, and Christian. 

Fun Tonight sounds like she's singing directly to him. 

Schwerk
2 hours ago, Ariana Grindr said:

Tittle.

edit: I feel as though in her music she has never referenced this relationship even though I thought it was going to be forever-lasting.

ps: I’m drunk and miss mine 

Gypsy is about him (and us)

Sinners Prayer is about her break up with Taylor and how no one saw it coming, but for her it was time because she expected more from him. The first verse, the second is about LĂŒc I think (I got a baby sister who looks just like me, i think she means her younger self)

Million Reasons is mostly about him I feel, so is Perfect Illusion, I never found Gaga's social media story to be too convincing.

And there's probably more I can't think of right now.

A lot of songs sound like they're about a lover at first, same goes for Chromatica but I don't think they are in this case. Sure all of her songs can be intercepted many ways, that is her strength. 

Most of Chromatica talks about her  and everyone in her life, lovers, old and new friends, managers, media I feel, including us. 

Fun Tonight for example is feeling like her body is on fire (fibro) and her not being able to give what is expected of her. Expected by herself (the girl in the mirror) But also us fans is how I personally interpret it. She has before said that looking at her fans is like looking in a mirror. And she was doing her best to get out on a stage and shine for us, even when she was in pain. 

Enigma sounds like it's about her fans too, her love affair with performing.

Replay is about her trauma and the root of it, which is her abuser, not Christian.

It's a brutally honest record and I'm very impressed by her putting these emotional topics info dance bops.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived