news

Bloodpop on why the haus labs Babylon is not on the album

Lava

Featured Posts

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

Two versions... it will come out... I literally need a 2nd version of Chromatica... like how insane would that be? :nooo:  Chromatica is my favourite album, but its so cool and interesting to hear the different takes on the songs

End Racism Now

The one on the album has definitely grown on me.

Judging from Babylon and Free Woman demoes, the album was going to have a vibe almost identical to 90's house music. It feels, as production continued on, the album went from that to one with its own identity, which I think was a good decision for the album as a whole.

Terrence

Ya'll need to get over that tired beat. Babylon album version serves GRAND FINALE.

xoxo Craig
Just now, NFRockwell said:

He sounds skinnier and straighter than I thought 

His "calm the fck down" reminded me of the Kids Bop mum :air:

End Racism Now

Borislshere

I can kind of see his point. The album version reminds me of the closing to a film and that film being Chromatica. The haus labs version sounds like something for the middle of the album 

Monsieur D
6 minutes ago, Monsterabriel said:

Makes sense, it really is a good album closer!

Yes it is. Even though I love the Haus Labs instrumental, I think that the final version fits better with the album concept/production :firega:

Harry Kat

The Haus Labs version is already the most overrated track of the Chromatica era :ohwell: It's great but the album version is much better for me :lolly:

xoxo Craig
Just now, Borislshere said:

I can kind of see his point. The album version reminds me of the closing to a film and that film being Chromatica. The haus labs version sounds like something for the middle of the album 

Yup, I agree... the Babylon we have feels Euphoric. And its perfect to end the album on a high note :diane:   the Haus Labs version sounds more industrial and would be a perfect fit in the 2nd part of the of the album we currently have.

End Racism Now

plasticalice

The one we got is a complete downgrade. The original was a hot club voguing anthem. It was fierce and empowering. That thick beat with her chanting voice, the subtle cowbells in the production, the catchy hook sample saying “ba ba ba ba ba”..... it was the recipe for an instant classic up there with her iconic hits and deep cuts like Venus and Scheisse. However, it got turned into a weird vogue knock off. It just... doesn’t work.

The original fits with many of the darker songs like 911, Alice, Replay and Plastic Doll so I don’t understand why it couldn’t have been on the album.

dollardays

Some of you can be so toxic f*ck

Just state your opinion and stop trying to spill any stupid tea you think you have, everyone has theirs

8 minutes ago, Bae said:

I’m happy that we got a new version. The one on the album is much better and original.

Yes, vogue is original :ohwell:

just a holy fool

Guest Messy vers
12 minutes ago, Asia said:

he's what's wrong w the album

but y'all aren't ready for this conversation

True tea.

I like Chromatica and Gaga.

I don't like Bloodpop.

Archived