Wdym either?

Don't Call Me Gaga

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dramatica
2 hours ago, Mill said:

It’s very Britney Jean vibes. 

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

TropicOfCANCER

I get what you’re saying. I wish a few songs felt more experimental, industrial or just weird? 

for example I’m listening to enigma now and it literally feels so bland. Why couldn’t they add anything special or unique to it? 

Defmix100

I think it's a great album and I really love most of the songs, but it does feel so similar between a lot of them that it's taken a bunch on listens to differentiate them better. They should have switched it up more between each song to make them sound more individual and distinct. The production also reminds me a lot of Witness (not talking about the Swish Swish comparisons to Sour Candy).

ARTGOD

Isn’t it funny how this site in in full cult mode and personally attacking anyone who is being mildly critical of the album?.

Are you seeing yourselves? Is there some insecurity you need to take care of?

Anyways... I agree.

The production has its moments and enough variety to not completely bore me, but a lot of the time it’s repetitive, predictable and generic.

“But it’s supposed to be House music!” When the album actually tries to replicate 90s House music it’s pretty good (Alice, Enigma, Replay, Sour Candy, Babylon), but a lot of the times it sounds more like tropical pop or 2010’s EDM.

Also the short length hurts even the good songs, just when they’re getting interesting they end, it really seems like they limited themselves a lot by trying to stick to a certain runtime.

Chromatica has decent production overall, but there’s just so much potential that wasn’t fully realized.

andy232000
22 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

Wdym either?

I think the song lengths are just right. Since house music is repetitive having longer tracks would have made this a bad album imo

mcphee

It's so exhausting opening threads with genuine critiques of the album only for people to reply with some childish comeback instead of actually engaging :deadbanana:

I agree with you. There's something off about the production that isn't resonating with me when I think of the album as a whole. Individually each song is good but the best way I can describe it is that *almost* every song has a kinda empty space that feels familiar. Free Woman stands out particularly bad for me.

Candy Gaga

It's her best album ever people need to get over themselves and stop with this annoying threads tbh like my goodness all the world from fans to critics to GP to other artists are praising it but ofc the production police on GGD are whining. Go listen to another album at this point

Chris Thomason

I don't understand why people are jumping down your throat on this, you're entitled to your opinion. This might be gagadaily but this doesn't have to be an echo chamber. Differing opinions does not equal negativity, not everyone is going to like this new sound even if you both enjoyed a past sound together.

I do agree in places, something was a little off with production.

Abramovic
3 hours ago, Monsterabriel said:

You attempt to make a negative thread is not it:billie:

Your attempt of making an opinion invalid is not it.

3 hours ago, AMENiCURE said:

Before anyone jumps on me, I love this album. I really do. I love the melodies. I love the lyrics, I think they're the best Gaga's had in quite a while. BUT, there is a slight complain whenever I'm listening to the album. The production. I probably might be the only one BUT I feel like the production is SUPER REPETITIVE rather than this "cohesion" narrative that everyone is claiming about. While I have no complains with the verse-chorus-drop structure on almost every track, the DROPS throughout the album are so unnecessarily repetitive. They are not dull at all, just VERY similar to every other single drop in the album. You know why it's an issue? The album gets tiring. Very tiring. I feel the drops are rather also very outdated, which I even confirmed with my local friend, and he said the same. The production is still neat, it's just the concept is not it. I feel like they could add more variety production wise i.e. having Haus Labs esque production and some more major influenced production from other producers like SOPHIE and overall, a super modern production. 

To end this with rather a positive note, this is the best era we've had from Gaga visuals wise. She's ruling everywhere. I love it.

i feel the same way, thank you for sharing your opinion ! 

chromaticainmyhead

I agree with you.. the first time I listenend to the album, I listened to it from start to end without breaks and I was very much into it bc apart from the excitement to finally hear a new album from her it felt like with the end of Babylon you wake up from a ~45 minutes long rush of euphoric dance melodies you just dreamed of. 

However, after picking out songs and listening to them individually they left me kind of underwhelmed production-wise. The „Welcome To Chromatica“ - playlist on Spotify was filled with dozens of great house tracks that got me even more excited for this album. However, like you said, the versatility with production is kinda missing for me on Chromatica. I was expecting a wider range and a braver approach to the 90s house genre more oriented towards the songs in the playlist. Most of the songs on the album sound, to me, kind of flat in terms of structure and drops and lyrical melodies which leaves me curious why that is. Is it bc of BloodPop‘s major influence? I mean Gaga and Mark Ronson managed to make country music fused with pop still sound fresh and new. Is it my taste? I looved the songs on the playlist but this album left a weird aftertaste of unsatisfaction. Not being able to enjoy the music as the majority of people here is kinda hard for me right now. I‘ve never experienced that before with Gaga but it‘ll get better for sure hopefully.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Chromatica Island
3 minutes ago, Abramovic said:

Your attempt of making an opinion invalid is not it.

i feel the same way, thank you for sharing your opinion ! 

oof

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

flyaway

I understand your point of view. We are used to a different type of album from Gaga, not a fully straight up dance album like this one so I get it can get tiring when you're not in the mood for dancing. It's like her EDM phase I guess. 

As for the the production, I think it's the most cohesive one. Her previous efforts weren't like that. Those elements you're talking about that sound "repetitive" are there for a reason, but they make sense in the whole work. 

Honestly I think this is a step forward for her. She made something new and beautiful, and more mature. As always, it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's so joyful and fun. 

rasclautmangos

I've listened to the album multiple times now and I love the production. My only critique is that the lyrics/choruses got too repetitive on some songs. 

"But I'll keep looking, I'll keep looking for Wonderland, Wonderland"

"Rain on me, rain, rain
Rain on me, rain, rain"

"I can't see me cry
Can't see me cry ever again
I can't see me cry
Can't see me cry, this is the end" 

"My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911
My biggest enemy is me, pop a 911"

Is that common with house music?

• Admin locked this topic

Archived