Tier Ranking Chromatica (+ Review)

ImCalledTT

Featured Posts

Trxstan
1 hour ago, ImCalledTT said:

ENIGMA WAS MY FAVE TRACK SIS

Reveal hidden contents

but we'll forget I ever hated on replay :derpga:

OOP lmaO I was looking at the final ranking trying to decipher which song was which my bad 

Spoiler

but I cannot forgive sine either wOW WOWOWOWOWOWOw 

woop hey there keep scrolling

oheyitso
15 minutes ago, Trxstan said:

OOP lmaO I was looking at the final ranking trying to decipher which song was which my bad 

Hide contents

but I cannot forgive sine either wOW WOWOWOWOWOWOw 

I can confirm the more he is hearing it the more it is growing on him :bon:

Trxstan
17 minutes ago, oheyitso said:

I can confirm the more he is hearing it the more it is growing on him :bon:

yESS work your magic girl :lolly: DJ free those ear canals

woop hey there keep scrolling

ImCalledTT
56 minutes ago, heavymlover said:

Taste came through :golfclap: I'd only switch two of the songs. I think Sine From Above is a career highlight. It's very anthemic and powerful. Not 100% sold on the outro, but I'm in love with the rest. On the other hand, I hate to say this given the situation, but Enigma is one of the songs I liked the least. I liked it, but I just couldn't find something to latch on to. 

I also quite liked 1000 Doves. Have you heard the bonus piano version? It's quite good. Perhaps that'll help with your crave for a ballad. 

OOOooo I'm actually really impressed with myself for that. I can see Sine From Above being a huge moment for her career-wise, its an iconic collaboration and one that feels like it's been bubbling for years. 

I'm just gunna pretend you didn't hate on Enigma so we can move on. Jk, of course that's a valid opinion, it's just struck such a cord with me it's hard to explain. 

Have heard the bonus piano version and controversially think I prefer the album one ha! I know that's super hypocritical but I guess where 1000 Doves was more house, the piano version is JUST acoustic and I was looking for something somewhere in the middle. 

heavymlover
20 minutes ago, ImCalledTT said:

OOOooo I'm actually really impressed with myself for that. I can see Sine From Above being a huge moment for her career-wise, its an iconic collaboration and one that feels like it's been bubbling for years. 

I'm just gunna pretend you didn't hate on Enigma so we can move on. Jk, of course that's a valid opinion, it's just struck such a cord with me it's hard to explain. 

Have heard the bonus piano version and controversially think I prefer the album one ha! I know that's super hypocritical but I guess where 1000 Doves was more house, the piano version is JUST acoustic and I was looking for something somewhere in the middle. 

Hopefully it'll grow on me after I play it a few more times. I will say, however, that Enigma has some of her best vocals in the album and the beat is pretty good.

I also watched your reaction video. You guys are really cute. Really enjoyed that.

Franch Toast

I appreciated reading your write-ups and the humor and fun you bring to them. Thank you for doing this!

That said, "Sine from Above" is definitely a top-tier for me, as is "Sour Candy" (no, I'm not a scary K-pop stan, but I think I'm a BLACKPINK stan after listening to the song a hundred times). And I think "Chromatica I" is my favorite interlude just because of that crescendo and it makes me feel like I'm at the beginning of a movie (I liked your iMax comment), but yes, that translation from "Chromatic II" into "911" is brilliant and seamless. 

I'm still processing how I feel about the tracks overall because they're mostly new to me. There isn't a song I dislike,  but different songs stand out to me on different listens. 

Oh, and dinner with the Kushners should've been your lowest tier, especially if Jared & Ivanka are going to be there. :huntyga:

She/Her/Hers

ImCalledTT
5 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

I appreciated reading your write-ups and the humor and fun you bring to them. Thank you for doing this!

That said, "Sine from Above" is definitely a top-tier for me, as is "Sour Candy" (no, I'm not a scary K-pop stan, but I think I'm a BLACKPINK stan after listening to the song a hundred times). And I think "Chromatica I" is my favorite interlude just because of that crescendo and it makes me feel like I'm at the beginning of a movie (I liked your iMax comment), but yes, that translation from "Chromatic II" into "911" is brilliant and seamless. 

I'm still processing how I feel about the tracks overall because they're mostly new to me. There isn't a song I dislike,  but different songs stand out to me on different listens. 

Oh, and dinner with the Kushners should've been your lowest tier, especially if Jared & Ivanka are going to be there. :huntyga:

No problem, thank you for reading !! 

Yeah it’s definitely so true that there’s no skips and right now because we’ve only had the songs for like 24 hours, it’s kinda hard to massively tell them apart. My boyfriend and I keep playing the album and not being able to name the song after the first few lines! Sour Candy and Sine from Above are very fair favourites - no one’s gunna call you out there!

Hear what you’re saying about dinner with the Kushner’s but girl, have you seen the Rare album cover? :selena:

Archived