Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Sine from above become a single?

HeavyCapiLover

Featured Posts

ladygaga1984

The song is a hot mess! It’s basically a filler. Definitely a skip for me. Alice, Free woman, Plastic Doll and Babylon are single worthy though. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustJames
37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Every song is single & hit worthy, however I can't see radios playing it ?

13 minutes ago, artd0me said:

It’s one of my absolute favourites from her discography, but I don’t want a MV for that one.

2 minutes ago, Bobina said:

I suppose they could radio edit it, but tbh I still would say no. 

If she were to do a limited release of the single, it wouldn't need a Music Video nor would it need to be sent to any radio stations. Sour Candy, for example, is very unlikely to be sent to radio (I may have missed an announcement regarding that; if so, sorry) in the US, but it has enough potential on streaming and Asia is a large enough market to try and capture that doing a limited release of it in those territories makes sense. 

Similarly, Sine From Above would smash in the UK where Elton John is still a huge name, Gaga has been super successful, and radio doesn't even count toward their official chart. The song itself would also well in the rest of Europe, and releasing a high-quality collaboration with Elton and doing promo/performances of it would do great things for her brand and the Chromatica era to justify it. 

A limited release was done for: 1) Eh, Eh on The Fame, 2) DITD on The Fame Monster, 3) Joanne (piano) on Joanne, and 4) both ARUTW and INLA on ASIB. I think it would be especially successful if paired with a final solo single released shortly after in all markets, so that promo and performances could be combined and they could boost each other. 

NewUsername

I think it should be a closing single of the Chromatica era, after the tour :flutter: 

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
1 hour ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

We know that most of Chromatica's tracks are single worthy and the choice for next singles will be very difficult. Sour candy will be for sure.

But after that, even if a solo track would be great I can see Sine from above being releasef as single. It's powerful, emotional and catchy at the same time. The gp would love it bc it would bring together people that prefer the dance pop lady gaga and the ASIB/joanne people. :enigma:

And it could be a HIT. In only 5 months, Mariah carey, Kid cudi, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj and maybe Gaga went no 1 on hot 100. All these artists are supposed to not be as relevant in the charts as when their carrer peaked. So at this point Elton John going #1 would not even surprise me. 

What do yall think ?

Yes all of them but Stupid Love

NewUsername
9 minutes ago, ladygaga1984 said:

The song is a hot mess! It’s basically a filler. Definitely a skip for me. Alice, Free woman, Plastic Doll and Babylon are single worthy though. 

I hope you're joking, because if not :triggered:

Kattys

Single or not, I absolutely need a video for it or some attention given to this song :giveup: special performance, merch, anything please...

ladygaga1984
3 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

I hope you're joking, because if not :triggered:

I am not joking. I find the song really terrible and cringe worthy. I’m actually considering deleting it from my library together with 911 and forget these songs exist. :derpga: Otherwise the album is perfect! 

Rudz Xinc

If it does get a music video. I hope they cut out the outro. It annoyed tf out of me.

Look at those clowns

2School4Cool

Yes! I hope it becomes a hit so that she can sing it live past this era, I’m not attending the Chromatica Ball so I desperately want to hear it live one day!!

See The Best In Everyone

magicalgaga

Sine has literally grown to be one of my absolute favourites from her whole discography. It's an amazing song but one that unfortunately wouldn't perform well as a single. It's not radio-friendly, it seems to be made fans in mind. As much as I would love to see it happen, I doubt it'd be wise.

i was born this way, baby

NCgaga

I would k or to see a video for it, but I don’t see radio digging it. Radio wants all songs to sound simple and safe. SFA is too good for that. 

Archived