• Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa
On 5/29/2020 at 6:47 PM, Runway said:

fraud stans counting DC :lmao: 

dc was just bey with backup singers let’s me reaaaal here

FentyGa
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I wouldn't. What's the point of having #1s with barely any merit?

it means that that specific version of the song was the most streamed version, though. and savage remix is so different from the original, it’s not just savage with a guest verse. it’s no different from a regular collab, really

Runway
1 minute ago, FentyGa said:

dc was just bey with backup singers let’s me reaaaal here

They want to count DC as Beyoncé but ignore the flop that the carters were. Make it make sense :lmao:

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Runway said:

They want to count DC as Beyoncé but ignore the flop that the carters were. Make it make sense :lmao:

Don't forget "the gift" no one really wanted: The Lion King soundtrack :huntyga:

Runway
Just now, elijahfan said:

Don't forget "the gift" no one really wanted: The Lion King soundtrack :huntyga:

Having it bombing on every metric after a year of screaming “big movie = hit soundtrack”. They went back to the “side project” narrative :lolly:

elijahfan
Just now, Runway said:

Having it bombing on every metric after a year of screaming “big movie = hit soundtrack”. They went back to the “side project” narrative :lolly:

That definitely put some egos in check :ohwell:

FentyGa
3 minutes ago, Runway said:

what’s the correlation💀 ok she surprise dropped a joint album with her husband that had one single and zero promo halfway through their tour, how does that take away from bey’s success (which is far more impact and influence-focused than chart-focused anyway)

jprince99x
On 5/29/2020 at 1:44 PM, bionic said:

How when she's only been around for 2

EDIT: Oooh 2000s, 2010s, 2020

I literally couldn’t figure this out the other day like “what did Beyonce do in the 90s?? Destiny’s child??” :ladyhaha:

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Guillaume Hamon
On 5/29/2020 at 7:22 PM, elijahfan said:

I don't think a #1 obtained as a featuring artist on some remix is valuable at all, but that's just my opinion

I think it's a fair point but at the same time that's because of this "counting method" that we're told Rihanna got more #1 songs in 9 years in the game than Madonna in her 37 years of career.

I agree that it's blurring the rules since you can use a newcomer hype to make a feat providing you a #1 that is mainly due to someone else work.... But now it's apply to every player I guess it's fair game.

I wouldn't be mad at gaga if she's doing it once she can't get hits the same way. It's great to have new teenagers who see you as their big sister's fave to discover you so it's actually pretty smart lol.

Runway
3 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

ok she surprise dropped a joint album with her husband that had one single and zero prom

Hasn’t this been her gimmick since 2013  though ? 💀 its just no one cared it about it, or Spirit, or The Grief, or any of her non-remixed music since 2009 💀

FfFfFfFF

I can see why you would you even include Savage and Perfect since Billboard count them as her songs, but Destiny's Child? ...

Guillaume Hamon
2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Hasn’t this been her gimmick since 2013  though ? 💀 its just no one cared it about it, or Spirit, or The Grief, or any of her non-remixed music since 2009 💀

You really hate Beyoncé right? Each time she's mentioned on GGD you make several negative comments and it's often different digs like if you were frequently spending time looking for new angles of attack when it comes to her. I understand not being into an artist but why following content about her then? That's when you're not just "not staning" but borderline being a hater.

I don't say that as shade cause I think it's more like a bad habit to expulse anger than revealing about one's value. I saw great people doing it with gaga and calling it a view, just their thoughts etc when obviously it was also about them and not simply their opinion. Not expressed with a repeated passion like that.

TortureMeOnReplay
44 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

These kind of records should only take into account your years as a soloist and only include collabs where you were the lead vocalist or a duet at the very least. It's not fair on those who were always soloists or those who rely almost exclusively on solo material. Your career with your band and your solo career should be sectioned off completely, two very different things. Articles like this are intended to just suck up to Beyonce, as they have for some time. Only a biased fan would consider her duet with Ed to be her #1 (that song was already massive all over the world when she jumped on it and all she did to change the song was literally switch the genders, she added no new lines) and her featured verse with Megan to be her #1 (the word "feature" is key here and Wikipedia list it as a featured song). I mean, I don't really know anyone who considers Telephone to be Beyonce's #1, so why does this feature count? Ridiculous.

True, but whether she made it a hit or not, it's still not her song. She was hopping on a song of a new, young, current artist to get some clout seeing as she hasn't had a proper smash hit of her own in years and hasn't released a solo album in a long time. She's been an opportunist for years. She's always featured artists on her songs when they're at their peaks (Sean Paul in 2003, Shakira in 2006, Justin Timberlake in 2007, Gaga in 2009, Nicki in 2014, Kendrick Lamar in 2017 and has used Jay repeatedly over 3 albums) and has featured on other artists songs when they were at their peaks (Usher in 2008, Alicia Keys in 2010, Gaga in 2010, DJ Khaled in 2017/2018, J Balvin in 2017, Ed Sheeran in 2017 and now Megan in 2020, and once again, featured on a lot of Jay's songs). This is kinda what she does. It's for her benefit, not theirs. She had considerable amount added to the verse but it is still a feature. And the original Savage had only 3 writers on it, including Megan. The Beyonce remix has the same 3 writers plus Beyonce to make 4...plus an additional 5 people. So, it took 6 people, including Beyonce, to write this new part. That's a lot of people for a feature remix. That suggest to me that Beyonce didn't write much of it at all.

Oh I agree it's not her song. It was well known, but it can't be denied that her name helped sell more copies. She definitely uses artists to hop on, but it does in ways help the artist. One could argue that having so many writers decreases royalty rates, but if Megan's contract is like Gaga's, she wasn't forced to work with Beyoncé and her team viewed it as a marketing opportunity for her. I'm pretty sure Beyoncé doesn't write much of her own music, as her last writers have spoken about the writing camps she has for her music. 

Galactic Mess

Such a legend! Hope Gaga can have this longevity (she already has it, but it would be nice to see her smash again in  another 10 years or so).

Archived