Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's artistic process

V e n u s

Featured Posts

V e n u s

My most favorite thing about Gaga's music is her ability to make albums that have one major theme but the songs will still somehow feel different from each another. I think she aced this with Born This Way. Every song felt like religion, fashion and leather but still managed to have distinct vibes from each other.

Gaga once said in an interview that when she makes a song, she's already thinking of what she's going to wear. I always liked that statement of hers because her music has always been driven by something visual. Even without music videos, if you close your eyes to Venus, Bloody Mary, Electric Chapel you will imagine something!

Chromatica just came out and I'm definitely obsessed with it. I just feel like this time around her music isn't driven by visuals anymore. Instead, it is driven by sound and sound alone (maybe this is a deliberate choice because of much she talks about Chromatica being focused on sound). Some songs feel very distinct and that's why they're my favorite (Alice, 911, Plastic Doll) but most of the songs feel very same-y to me and this is why I kinda feel iffy on the album. I just wanted to express my thoughts, we're a very creative fanbase and I wanted to hear from others who may have felt the same. 

Isaiah Lara

I agree I feel like the visual is a second thought. In her Apple Music interview she was very big on how the album sounded like. I feel like they took more time on sound and production than making a visual representation. But they also slammed on the rain on me music video so who knows how her mind worked on this album. Chromatica sound so good periodt

Archived