Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Chromatica sounds like a farewell

Jill

Featured Posts

Lee Ng
On 5/29/2020 at 3:43 PM, Rudz Xinc said:

I want her to make pop music. I don't want any rock and roll, metal, country, or jazz. 

Watch she's gonna put all of these genres in a blender, **** on it, bomb on it for the next record. Even Joanne is a pop album, just trust her chile :saladga:.

Screen_Shot_2020-01-02_at_12.07.21_PM.jp

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee Ng
30 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

This. I think Gaga will always do pop or at least pop-influenced albums, but I do wonder if this is kind of a farewell as the album seemed tailor made to be...bops in a club. Even some critic who gave it four stars said it seemed like a fan service album in some ways. There's a lot of ageism in the industry, and I honestly can't think of a woman artist who does house/pure dance pop type music in her late 30s. There's a time when they'll stop playing her hits in the club, or focus on her old hits, in favor of some shiny new artist. I mean it's even arguably happened to Madonna & Cher.

Like I wouldn't be shocked if she went down Robyn's path...."Honey" is more off beat/less designed for the clubs and still electropop. You can definitely still dance to her songs, but they are way less GP friendly because it almost seems like she realized the GP wasn't going to be there for her anymore...

Yes and no.

Madonna released Confessions on a Dance Floor at 47 year-old and literally dominated the charts, the tour, the clubs for the whole era. (Not to mention Ray of Light, or even Hard Candy)

Cher was 52 when she released Believe and you must know how big it was. 

Chromatica, to me, is a farewell to the first chapter of her amazing career. She left with a bang and I can't wait for the next. :firega:

GregJA

She will be back in 2045 after C3C, pregnancy, Joanne 2,3,4 and still not releasing ARTPOP act II :fthis:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

Had a random thought that linked me to the bridge of 1000 Doves:

"If you love me, then just set me free
And if you don't, then baby, leave"

Seems to me that this can be interpreted as a good closure to Pop and if we love Gaga then we (being Monsters or Interscope or just anyone around her) should let her do what she wants for her future.

Ziggy

I think it’s more giving up the *obligation* to dance pop. Even the way she talks about it, she didn’t know that this would be dance pop at first. She just said that that’s what came out of her. So I think she’s more or less freed of expectations to make dance pop music but now understands that it has a healing quality for her.

JusKeepBreathin

Doesn't sound that way to me at all? It feels like she is find her way back to pop music. IMO. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

alice911

ugh yall so dramatic and whiny. Did u miss the zane lowe interview?

You wanna force her to quit pop music so bad but she won't.  maybe not atleast till she is in her mid 40s... from there i would love for her to permanently shift to acoustics/jazz/piano ballads type music... I dont want her to pump out albums like barbara. I just need quality in whatever she releases like a star is born.. which i can enjoy for the rest of my life and not get bored. 

ice bear

this is her dancefloor, she fought for

the sine healed her heart

ice heard one side from above

Archived