Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

My thoughts on 'Replay'

magicalgaga

Featured Posts

I loved it straight away, and even more after reading the lyrics, same for 911. I can relate to both, it’s like she’s putting words on things i always struggled to describe and verbalise. :pray:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

Yes its about trauma. Favorite track upon my first listen 

Jonathan2244
57 minutes ago, oslo said:

I loved it straight away, and even more after reading the lyrics, same for 911. I can relate to both, it’s like she’s putting words on things i always struggled to describe and verbalise. :pray:

Do you think Gaga will describe it to us? 

2 hours ago, Jonathan2244 said:

Do you think Gaga will describe it to us? 

What do you mean?

Jonathan2244
1 hour ago, oslo said:

What do you mean?

More about the song basically, how it can be interpreted, Its Obviously about trauma, but could the monsters be her monsters, and speaking about your shes speaking about herself but from 3rd person? 

Lord Temptation

The way she turned such a violent song into a studio 54 disco banger is sheer genius. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan2244 said:

More about the song basically, how it can be interpreted, Its Obviously about trauma, but could the monsters be her monsters, and speaking about your shes speaking about herself but from 3rd person? 

I’m still not sure what you mean :oops:

I think her lyrics in general are free of interpretation, it can speak to people on a very intimate level.

She seems to speak about trauma indeed (I think she mentioned it already), and the way the brain can be on repeat, when it becomes obsessional, and particularly when in a relationship. Being so anxious, scared, that we eventually create what we fear.

But that’s my personal interpretation, i may be wrong! 
what is your interpretation?

ThisBitch

The second act is my favorite with Replay as the absolute final banger

xoxo Craig

Its my least favourite from the album along with 911.. but the end of Replay is everything! It is growing, but its not connecting with me at all

End Racism Now

GreenEyes

My boyfriend suffers from anxiety and ptsd, this song hit him hard. It’s scary as hell. 

Dominic

I think its about her past traumas and also the groundhog day of fame. Next plane, nutha club, nutha club.  The final lyrics sound like "Little monsters torture me' imo and it seems like the replay of fandom, yaas mommy. 

I'm definitely reaching im sure but Gaga encourages us to bring our own interpretations so :vegas:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

magicalgaga
12 minutes ago, GreenEyes said:

My boyfriend suffers from anxiety and ptsd, this song hit him hard. It’s scary as hell. 

It's really scary, that's true! I was literally in shock when I realized what the song speaks about at least to me. Send your boyfriend lots of support from a fellow PTSD fighter! :heart:

i was born this way, baby

Archived