Gaga interview on ZDF (German tv)

HermioneT

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slovakialop
22 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Why are germans dubbing everything? I mean no offense but isn't it easier just to read and not actually dub every single thing? :poot:

What? It's completely normal to double interviews, since the majority of the audicence finds it more comfortable rather than be reading the whole time. Almost every European country does it, and it's completely fine, since it's an interview made for the german audiencie, and not for the american-english one

Regina George
1 minute ago, Slovakialop said:

What? It's completely normal to double interviews, since the majority of the audicence finds it more comfortable rather than be reading the whole time. Almost every European country does it, and it's completely fine

First of all... I don't know why you reacted this way but okay.. I didn't say it's not fine but it's not considerate to people who actually don't speak that language for example tourists.. And no.. Majority of European countries don't do that.. I was in Germany and they even dub their movies there.. And I was in many other countries and they didn't do that.. They just place subtitles..

AGAIN there is nothing wrong with that and I certainly don't have anything against Germany.. 

elijahfan
4 minutes ago, THROUGH MY CORTEX said:

I don’t know. I think it’s part of her legacy. And tbh I’m happy we are in Europe and not in the USA where they don’t show something like that. I don’t even view it like a big issue... but I understand that it’s random. zdf focuses more on the art and it’s worth to mention because it was a collaboration with marina 

Yes, for sure. But they could have talked about the Marina Abramovic workshop without showing the full frontal footage, that's all.

Gaby15
3 minutes ago, Slovakialop said:

What? It's completely normal to double interviews, since the majority of the audicence finds it more comfortable rather than be reading the whole time. Almost every European country does it, and it's completely fine, since it's an interview made for the german audiencie, and not for the american-english one

Yes, but dubbing is much more common in Central/Eastern Europe.

MiQuenDroid
16 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She already did tho, the radio interview with NRJ 2 months ago was from the same interview session, judging by her look.

Yes but she talked only about Stupid Love...

All I ever wanted was love...

I am german, I will translate it for you. ZDF is a german TV channel more for middle age and older people, as well as people who have a good standing in the economy. It's not a typical youth channel, but that's the honor for Lady Gaga being on a channel like this. They have much respect for her work.

ZDF: If a human is so extraordinary, so uncompromising creative, then you have to ask where does it come from. We've to ask, what drives her, what gives her the energy...?

Gaga: As I was very young, I read the english translation of letters from german poet Reiner Maria Rilke. In these letters, there you can find the question: Would you be ready to die, if you are not allowed to write anymore?! Ask yourself in the most silent hour of the night: Do I have to write?

ZDF: She has to write! And like so many artists, her art arises from a kind of sadness, and insecurity with the world

Gaga: I have depressions, and I have to take medicine against it. Imagine, you are never happy and satisfied, doesn't matter how (rich) you live or what others try to tell you in a very positive way. Image, you have a talent, but you're never sure if you are good enough. But I try.

ZDF: For her new album, she created her own new world. She calls it "Chromatica". Happy, colorful and shrill in the same way

Gaga: Chromatica is the world in my head. My way to be friendly, my way to live. This album is healing me, it's THE dance through my pain.

ZDF: Another new video, "Rain On Me" with Ariana Grande - mainstream pop for millions of people on one side... on the other side, bizarre performance- art with artist Marina Abramowitsch in year 2013. Skin on ice, pain, and ruthless nudity - also this is Lady Gaga

Gaga: I am not perfect, but I am celebtrating myself as a woman. My career was in many ways a revolt against things, that men tried to force me to do. These men wanted to give my songs to other woman, who even couldn't sing, and who did not composed those songs. The reason was: I wasn't as pretty as these women. I had hard to fight. It's about heart and your mind, and what you have to offer.

ZDF: I was born this way... this is how she sang it in the past. The new album "Chromatica", her 6th, should spread good mood - to dance the pain away.

chelobm
5 hours ago, artd0me said:

Sometimes I hate my country

Can you please translate the whole interview in English? I can reuplod with the translation on another platform so everybody can watch it.

Battle For Your Life!

TheSlash
5 hours ago, Regina George said:

Why are germans dubbing everything? I mean no offense but isn't it easier just to read and not actually dub every single thing? :poot:

Well ofc everything is dubbed. You have to know that the ZDF is not necessarily famous for its young ( or even adult ) demographic :awkney: . And many of these people cannot speak or understand English at all.

And dubbing is better than subtitles, bc you can actually focus on the person talking rather than the text at the bottom of the screen :poot:

Ew, David!

2 hours ago, chelobm said:

Can you please translate the whole interview in English? I can reuplod with the translation on another platform so everybody can watch it.

Please check above I already translated it

Archived