question

Why is Hey Girl so unliked on GGD?

Delusional

Featured Posts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sethrb101

I like the song, but I did expect more from those two powerhouses coming together

#Gaga2020

that bridge in hey girl tho. the lyrics. the harmonies. the beautiful instrumentation :giveup:

Spoiler

Help me hold my hair back
Walk me home 'cause I can't find a cab
And we dance down the bowery
Held hands like we were seventeen again
And then it's four AM
The sun is creepin' up again
Don't you leave me
Oh, darling don't you leave me
:enigma:

video starts @ the bridge 

Lighter

It’s boring.

the song itself says it.

”and we dance in the boring walk me home like o was seventeen again”

flyaway

1. Joanne in general is an album to listen to. Not a dance-type album like Gaga's previous efforts. Fans were expecting something else and that's why it didn't resonate the same way with many of them. But Gaga's artistry invites them to get out of their comfort zone all the time. Same with C2C. 

2. From a duet by two female stars, fans were expecting something bigger and explosive I guess. Hey Girl is the total opposite, it's quite simple but still very powerful. 

3. Some people didn't get the classic vibe Joanne had in general. They found it out of date as they prefer Gaga in her most futuristic electronic style. 

AyaKara

It's one of Gaga's best songs and best collaborations, but as a Flo fan, I don't think it really suits her voice :huh:

AyaKara
46 minutes ago, Lighter said:

It’s boring.

the song itself says it.

”and we dance in the boring walk me home like o was seventeen again”

She says 'and we dance on the Bowery', a street in NYC by Gaga's old apartment :smh:

liquidsunshine

I honestly can't even remember how the chorus goes. It's so forgettable.

DONNA OF THE DAM

Well for the hippie that I am in my heart I adore this song:huntyga:

PunkTheFunk

I've been finding lately that the whole album triggers me. I don't know what it is about it, but it makes me want to stick my fingers in a toaster. Hey Girl is like the stale cherry on the dusty vanilla Costco cake.

Damon

i dont want to be shady but it's the only song i've heard from joanne in months

i love florence so much, still can't believe gaga teamed uo with her for such an iconic song :nooo:

... and now i just sit in silence.

On 5/25/2020 at 2:59 AM, metalguru said:

Lol... 

Have you ever heard of Bennie and the Jets? Or any mid-tempo Prince? The song is almost a Bennie and the Jets rip-off. 

Hardly a rip-off. There's probably plenty of song with that same one-note bass progression style. Yes I've hears the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album start to finish many times and I've listened to about 70% of Prince's album discography. Kinda see what u mean x But doesn't mean I find the song any mire interesting. It has a bland quality, unlike Bennie.

Archived