opinion

Rain on Me high note

codymonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, zino said:

it's an Ariana kind of melisma, she does it a lot on live performances.

and I agree about the pitch, but like I said, I think they used it with Ariana, not gaga.

3:05

it is Gaga, you can notice that it has Gaga's tone and raspy voice.

It would not make sense for them to divide the sentence that way. 

If it's Ariana, what is the need to distort her voice? 

Although there may be a performance in which Ariana uses Gaga's technique, but it is not the technique she always uses, which would be the sense of changing her technique so much for just two seconds of the song 

We've also seen Gaga do these kinds of things before, and it's not like she doesn't have the ability 

Oh and one more thing is that in places where you can read the lyrics (Like Genius) you can see that they mark that part as if it were from Gaga 

:awkney:

I guess we will know the truth when we have the first live performance, although I think it is quite clear that it is Gaga 

đź’ś

It's only one word, so difficult to tell, but I think it's Gaga. It's not so much that I think rhe sound is definitely Gaga, it's more the fact that Ariana sings a lot of high notes on this song but to my ear this one sounds different. That could jjust be something they did in the production, but I think it's a different voice. Also, I suppose you could split the phrase between two singers, but I think it's more likely that it's just one voice, and it's Gaga who is on screen while it's being sung.

Finally ... @Focz has pretty much said a lot of this already while I was typing 🙂.

This shows u that straight after the bridge Ariana uses her head voice she does a high note G#5 similar to Gaga’s one, then the one that comes after Gaga’s belt is in fact Gaga’s G#5. Both of theirs sound similar except ari’s is more airy

Oyster

It’s Gaga. Ariana has that range easily and hits that note very lightly. It’s a little out of Gaga’s alto range and that’s why she needs to put more power into it. The note sounds like it doesn’t come easy to whoever is singing it and that’s why I think it’s gaga. 

Archived