💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Pitchfork reviews Rain on Me

GaGaAst

Featured Posts

GaGaAst

Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have both been in the depths of trauma, when it can be hard to believe that your wounds will ever scab over, that the tears will someday stop, that life will ever emerge from the darkness. In 2014, Gaga revealed that she was raped at the age of 19 and developed PTSD. She was eventually diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a chronic illness that causes extreme fatigue and body pain and predominantly affects women. Grande’s grief has been more public: A homemade bomb killed 22 people at the Manchester stop of her Dangerous Woman tour in 2017, and one year later her ex-boyfriend and collaborator Mac Miller died of an accidental overdose. Though each powerhouse diva has explored healing on her own, their long-awaited collaboration “Rain on Me” unlocks newfound strength. Perhaps it is a coincidence, but the fact that the song was released on the anniversary of the Manchester bombing feels especially moving.

On “Stupid Love,” the lead single from Gaga’s upcoming album Chromatica, she channeled an earlier era of herself to less groundbreaking effect. “Rain on Me” draws its power from two women connecting on an emotional level; in a recent conversation with Zane Lowe, Gaga said that it felt restorative to mentor a younger female artist, something no one ever did for her. “I never asked for the rainfall/At least I showed up, you showed me nothing at all,” Gaga proclaims at the song’s beginning, with a bravado that would make Ally Maine shake. “It’s coming down on me/Water like misery.” Over a club-ready rush of early ’90s house pop courtesy of BloodPop¼, Boys Noize, BURNS, and Tchami, Gaga and Grande proclaim that it’s okay to cry, to stumble, to fall apart; these are necessary parts of survival. “Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in/So I don’t lose my mind,” Grande murmurs. Sure, they’d both rather be dry, but for the moment it’s okay to celebrate simply being alive.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-rain-on-me/

Honestly I don't understand if they like it or not. IđŸ€”

Edit: This is how they review songs based on their past records. Just in case it's not review then please take down this thread mods

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fish

its just a report on the song, not a real review 

BillieGOAT

1 minute ago, GaGaAst said:

“Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in/So I don’t lose my mind,” Grande murmurs.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Dilwyn
2 minutes ago, Fish said:

its just a report on the song, not a real review 

1 minute ago, Maleficent said:

i don't think this is a review, its like a press release 

it is a review

is just really vague like that

Hydrangea

Well at least they didn’t Sh*t all over it, yet 

I’m a bad friend

LilyLark

It's a review. We should take it–Pitchfork tends to be insanely harsh on pop girls and women in general and mostly drags Gaga (weirdly enough, they liked SL).

Gagaism

Gaga: 

3 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Like, Gaga: “no high notes, no yuh yuh, please”

Ariana: sure, kweeeena :selena:

Guest Adarsh

Please it’s way more positive than they usually are. Celebrate instead of melting down. 

venusfly

just because there's no score at the end doesn't mean it's not a review. They're positive about it :)

"Though each powerhouse diva has explored healing on her own, their long-awaited collaboration “Rain on Me” unlocks newfound strength."

"Over a club-ready rush of early ’90s house pop courtesy of BloodPop¼, Boys Noize, BURNS, and Tchami, Gaga and Grande proclaim that it’s okay to cry, to stumble, to fall apart; these are necessary parts of survival."

Ororo Munroe

Why do people always say that Pitchfork drags Gaga? They gave her solid reviews for Joanne and Star is Born actually 

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

KatieJudasGaga4

“Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande have both been in the depths of trauma, when it can be hard to believe that your wounds will ever scab over, that the tears will someday stop, that life will ever emerge from the darkness. In 2014, Gaga revealed that she was raped at the age of 19 and developed PTSD. She was eventually diagnosed with fibromyalgia, a chronic illness that causes extreme fatigue and body pain and predominantly affects women. Grande’s grief has been more public: A homemade bomb killed 22 people at the Manchester stop of her Dangerous Woman tour in 2017, and one year later her ex-boyfriend and collaborator Mac Miller died of an accidental overdose."

"Rain on Me” unlocks newfound strength. Perhaps it is a coincidence, but the fact that the song was released on the anniversary of the Manchester bombing feels especially moving. On “Stupid Love,” the lead single from Gaga’s upcoming album Chromatica, she channeled an earlier era of herself to less groundbreaking effect. “Rain on Me” draws its power from two women connecting on an emotional level; in a recent conversation with Zane Lowe, Gaga said that it felt restorative to mentor a younger female artist, something no one ever did for her. “I never asked for the rainfall/At least I showed up, you showed me nothing at all,” Gaga proclaims at the song’s beginning, with a bravado that would make Ally Maine shake. “It’s coming down on me/Water like misery.” Over a club-ready rush of early ’90s house pop courtesy of BloodPop¼, Boys Noize, BURNS, and Tchami, Gaga and Grande proclaim that it’s okay to cry, to stumble, to fall apart; these are necessary parts of survival. “Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in/So I don’t lose my mind,” Grande murmurs. Sure, they’d both rather be dry, but for the moment it’s okay to celebrate simply being alive.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lady-gaga-ariana-grande-rain-on-me/

ariana-grande-lady-gaga-rain-on-me-vid-2

venusfly
Just now, ororo munroe said:

Why do people always say that Pitchfork drags Gaga? They gave her solid reviews for Joanne and Stars is Born actually 

their review for Joanne was pretty medicore, and they ignored her entire run of albums between TFM and Joanne, it wasn't until recently that Pitchfork considered her "worth their time"

Archived