Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - RAIN ON ME - Keep streaming/buying!

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Rocket Number 9
5 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The word y'all are looking for is SUBTRACT. Which means to reduce something in a general mathmetical sense. Say with with me sistren: Spotify SUBTRACTED 3,4M streams from Rain on Me on the official WW Spotify Chart. Those 3,4M SUBTRACTED streams are spam streams by fans who have the song on repeat 24/7.

Me :billie::billie::billie:

• Replies 20.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DiamondAngel
1 minute ago, waterlikemisery said:

there's 50 ROM music videos in my queue, does youtube count muted streams?

Nope, play at a low volume. Also play another video in between so YouTube doesn’t think you’re a bot, don’t stream ROM back to back to back 

YourCureness
9 minutes ago, Enomis said:

Guys, the counter shows 10M streams, but the actual debut on charts is 6,7M.

Isn't the real debut on chart the one which will be counted by Billboard?

Billboard will only count the 2M US streams. 

ImpossiblePrincess

Probably already over this thread so don’t attack me please lmao but I’m on Spotify so may as well do this:

UK: 

#2 - Rain On Me - 472,715 Streams

US:

#1 - Rain On Me - 2,234,783 Streams

AUS:

#7 - Rain On Me - 158,730 Streams

Canada:

#2 - Rain On Me - 265,051 Streams

France: 

#17 - Rain On Me - 142,441 Streams 

Germany:

#38 - Rain On Me - 197,725 Streams 

Brazil:

#1 - Rain On Me - 822,848 Streams

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

ViviLittleM

or it's only because.... the 10M counter also counts streams from today 05/23 lol

TSUNAMI
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

She did very well up until Joanne which absolutely flopped. Since then Germany never got any good promo, Shallow couldn't even place on the Spotify charts here because her team never even tried to push it to any meaningful playlists. Same for any other song from ASIB. ARUTW only entered because it had massive sales because streaming it had not. Same for SL which clung to the Spotify charts eventhough it got kicked from the biggest playlist. SL actually had a chance of doing well and they just f*cked it up on purpose and I only get more angry for ROM.

OH yeah, I just remembered that she cancelled our leg of the Joanne World Tour :interestinga:

I mean, the number of only 130k streams shows only that our Germany fanbase is way too small. Maybe they feel like that market does not give back enough for them to be investing in more promo than a touring, which is sad for us. 

3 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Awful playlisting just like with Stupid Love. We actually stanned the song but never got any f*cking promo and Spotify completely ignored the song here. No wonder nobody cares about her anymore.

Yes I'm bitter because this is stupid to not care about Germany as a pop star.

Germany simply isn't as important anymore for a pop artist like Gaga. Female artists have a tougher time getting a hit in Germany. Let's also not forget that Gaga wants to do stadium dates (touring) as much as possible, but German cities are spread out too much over the country to do a stadium date that sells out easily. Also, Germany isn't that big of a market anymore now streaming has become so important, and even if she were to do promo in Germany, promotion doesn't make as much a difference anymore in the streaming era. Sure, missing playlists is sad, but with limited time and money to spend on promotion, markets like Brazil and Mexico are actually more important and profitable than Germany for an artist like Gaga. Promoting in markets that aren't receptive to your music is quite pointless.

waterlikemisery
1 minute ago, JustTea said:

Nope, unless you mute the tab instead of the video (afaik)

Just now, DiamondAngel said:

Nope, play at a low volume. Also play another video in between so YouTube doesn’t think you’re a bot, don’t stream ROM back to back to back 

Thank you! :kiss:

4 minutes ago, ICONIQUE said:

That is so bad it do deserves Trisha Paytas gif 

There is something called timezones. Japan is 13h ahead of NYC  :billie: So do the math sis

TheAlexer

My local radio station played Rain on Me only ones today but already played Stupid Love twice:triggered:

Thrasher
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Correct. We also don't know how many of the SUBTRACTED streams are actually from the USA and which country spammed the song the most.

So the number on SpotifyCharts for single countries is indeed lower than the real one which will be accounted for the charts? And the weekly one is reliable? 

This is all brand new info to me, I used to think charts relied on SpotifyCharts numbers..

“Come over, when you’re sober”

TheCureinMalibu
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

or it's only because.... the 10M counter also counts streams from today 05/23 lol

Spotify has a rules that song need to be out for over 30 hours to have it's streams updated.So this is most likely 05/22 only. 

• Shadow pinned, unpinned and locked this topic
  • Shadow unlocked and pinned this topic
  • Shadow locked and unpinned this topic

Archived