Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rosalía addresses culture appropriation accusations

COOOK

Featured Posts

Andreu
7 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

well, she doesn't have a cara catalana either :billie:

I dont think a cara catalana exists to begin with but thats another debate we can have another day

JoanneMonster
Just now, Andreu said:

Period, or should I say punt i final :billie:

Hide contents

And thats another debate and maybe its just paranoia but what a coincidence that the two spanish artists that are constantly accused of cultural apropriation and her and Bad Gyal. I wonder what do they have in common :oprah:

Tell them!!!

they are both queens

Spoiler

or should I say digue'ls-hi-lo-les-ho!!!

I See You

Andreu
1 minute ago, JoanneMonster said:

Tell them!!!

they are both queens

Hide contents

or should I say digue'ls-hi-lo-les-ho!!!

Lemme create the pronoms febles discussion thread real quick :billie:

Andreu
4 minutes ago, dit said:

I am mostly Spanish myself baby :poot: There is a bit of a difference I noticed and it is also reflected in DNA testing. The more south you go the more arab and Berber dna you see...though of course it is not as significant as some ppl make it out to be). Catalonia (and specifically Barcelona) now are huge metropolitan areas now so people from all over Spain now live there so it is more difficult to make a proper case study unfortunately. But yeah that's just a observation of course. 

Thats interesting,i didnt knew about that and i am honestly shook. 

Didnt knew you were spanish either :billie: 

NewUsername
6 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I dont think a cara catalana exists to begin with but thats another debate we can have another day

Of course there's the same variety as with other regions and countries etc, but I definitely recognize something as a "that's a real typical Catalan face :p" compared to eg. other Catalan people with a more 'neutral' face or madrileños or...

Andreu
2 minutes ago, NewUsername said:

Of course there's the same variety as with other regions and countries etc, but I definitely recognize something as a "that's a real typical Catalan face :p" compared to eg. other Catalan people with a more 'neutral' face or madrileños or...

Maybe its that Ive been annoyed many times throughmy life by people telling me i look like a foreigner i pretend not to realise these things :poot:

dit
19 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Thats interesting,i didnt knew about that and i am honestly shook. 

Didnt knew you were spanish either :billie: 

yes it is pretty surprising indeed! I suppose because some regions in the south were Islamic for nearly 800 years where as the north was re christianized much earlier so the mixing happened less. Here is a map indicating regions with strong Moorish dna in Europe (though this map is not the best I have found. I saw better ones before but for some reason I cannot find it again:

DNA mark of Berbers and Arabs in modern Spain:

Berber marker

Spoiler

(as you can see the Berbers were known to have gone more in the central region and north in Spain than the Arabs and it is reflected in modern testing)

main-qimg-b7a0df904f391946577668146df62f

Arab marker

Spoiler

(Arabs usually lived in the coastal regions of Spain and had strong presence in south regions / this map is too generic imo but it gives an idea I guess)

250px-Haplogroup_J_(Y-DNA)_Map.png

surprisingly south Portugal seems to be the most impacted according to the first map. Interesting 

28 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Maybe on topic, maybe off topic but it bothers me so much when people try to analyse social issues in spain through the US centric lens that they learnt on twiter, which is something I sadly have seen very often these days 

They also do that about France, trying to separate people with whites vs blacks when it's not at all like that here and we don't have that mentality but they force it with their american arguments and are convinced they are right even tho they never stepped foot outside of their country. It's just interesting to watch :awkney:

Archived