💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rosalía addresses culture appropriation accusations

COOOK

Featured Posts

Andreu

Rosalia speaks like a pija? 

(Its so funny seeing this concept explained in english sksks)

joannesrats

Sometimes cultural appropriation is a good argument to be made. This isn't one of those caess. 

dit

Yeah I agree it is ridiculous people are doing this lol. Rosalia herself actually looks more Andalusian than Catalonian imo. Her family's ancestors were probably Gitana, Arab / Berber (Moorish) themselves who converted to Christianity during the Reconquista and even if she had no Andalusian blood anyone from any part of Spain imo can practice different parts of the culture from different regions. Of course she always needs to make sure she shares her inspirations and respects the true originators of that style of music (which she ALWAYS does) but imo she has every right to be inspired from that music and use elements of it. 

Baepsae
3 minutes ago, Andreu said:

This just send me :deadbanana:

"P*ja" here in argentina is a very vulgar slang for c*ck :air:

Andreu

And everyone that doesnt know how andalusian culture is very present in that area of catalonia and why that happens, clearly doesnt know what el baix llobregat is :billie: it feels so weird to discuss this in an english forum.

Andreu
27 minutes ago, Baepsae said:

This just send me :deadbanana:

"P*ja" here in argentina is a very vulgar slang for c*ck :air:

Yeaaah i know i know in spain is like an insult or a bad word thats used to call rich people who think theyre above regular people

Andreu
4 minutes ago, dit said:

Yeah I agree it is ridiculous people are doing this lol. Rosalia herself actually looks more Andalusian than Catalonian imo. Her family's ancestors were probably Gitana, Arab / Berber (Moorish) themselves who converted to Christianity during the Reconquista and even if she had no Andalusian blood anyone from any part of Spain imo can practice different parts of the culture from different regions. Of course she always needs to make sure she shares her inspirations and respects the true originators of that style of music (which she ALWAYS does) but imo she has every right to be inspired from that music and use elements of it. 

Im just curious, what makes you think that? Because i've never heard anyonw imply that people from those two areas look different :poot:

NewUsername
7 minutes ago, Andreu said:

La marquesita de Élite y Lu están SHOOK.

Andreu

Maybe on topic, maybe off topic but it bothers me so much when people try to analyse social issues in spain through the US centric lens that they learnt on twiter, which is something I sadly have seen very often these days 

NewUsername
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Im just curious, what makes you think that? Because i've never heard anyonw imply that people from those two areas look different :poot:

well, she doesn't have a cara catalana either :billie:

JoanneMonster

omg people just can't help it but to label everything, she is catalan and she can make whatever music she wants to do and she can sing with whatever accent she wants. 

When I sing songs in english am i appropiating a language that's not mine? no, im just singing and its not that deep

deixeu a la reina catalana en pau!

I See You

Andreu
3 minutes ago, JoanneMonster said:

deixeu a la reina catalana en pau!

Period, or should I say punt i final :billie:

Spoiler

And thats another debate and maybe its just paranoia but what a coincidence that the two spanish artists that are constantly accused of cultural apropriation and her and Bad Gyal. I wonder what do they have in common :oprah:

dit
9 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I am mostly Spanish myself baby :poot: There is a bit of a difference I noticed and it is also reflected in DNA testing. The more south you go the more arab and Berber dna you see...though of course it is not as significant as some ppl make it out to be). Catalonia (and specifically Barcelona) now are huge metropolitan areas now so people from all over Spain now live there so it is more difficult to make a proper case study unfortunately. But yeah that's just a observation of course. 

Archived