Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Lady Gaga at the same level of relevancy as Britney Spears in 2011?

DiskoBaby

Featured Posts

Reality
5 minutes ago, Ori said:

That's a bold statement :poot:

It's actually a very safe statement :poot:

It debuted at #5, which was Gaga's highest single debut in years, and it had decent exposure on the radio.

It's not a mega flop, but it's not a mega hit. It's decent.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr Fudge
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

It debuted at #5, which was Gaga's highest single debut in years, and it had decent exposure on the radio.

This. Call a spade a spade. Stupid Love didn’t smash, but didn’t fail. I say a decent performance is spot on. Could it have done better had bars and clubs not closed due to covid? Yes. But we can’t rewrite history. Moving on to ROM.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Karen
4 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Well they said “decent” not “huge”. It wasn’t a massive flop like y’all want to make it out to be

3 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

Not many artists can get a top 5 lead 12 years into their careers

1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Gurls, I'm not trying to discredit Gaga's success. I'm very happy she achieved top 5, and yes, not everyone can do that being 12 years in the career. However, "hit" is a strong word. Let's face it, does anyone outside of your LGBTQ+ friends know Stupid Love exists? :poot: Well, maybe a few people do, but charts speak for themselves. If Stupid Love is a decent hit, then Bad Romance is a huge hit, and G.U.Y. a micro-hit? :selena: Hopefully Rain On Me will slay the whole planet :party:

I'm so used to giving, and now I get to receive

NewUsername
7 minutes ago, dit said:

In a way yes in regards to chart success. But in regards to overall success and relevancy Gaga is at a much much better position. In terms of sales we would be lucky if Chromatica ended up selling as much as Femme Fatal (but you have to remember 2011 market was much better meaning for that time's standards Femme Fatale's numbers were underwhelming). In regards to singles it sort of seems like it too because SL had a super weak chart performance kind of like Britney's Hold It Against Me where as Rain on Me may be the Til The World Ends of the album (meaning a true hit). I just hope we get another top 10 also like how Britney got a third top 10 from the album with I Wanna Go

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I believe Gaga is more relevant. Her impact stretches across far more outlets than Britney.

both of this.

Gagaism

I think they’re both relevant in different paths. Britney put the color (or something like) that was missing on pop music. I feel like when someone says pop music Britney comes in mind immediately.
Gaga is relevant for being complete and dedicated on everything she does and obviously for her insane talent.

Britney’s breakdown is always associated with her personal life and even though we (pop stans) know from where part of her problems comes from, for people in general she will be always pointed out as “that problematic pop star”, unfortunately.

On the other hand, Gaga had to prove for everybody that she’s not only that weird singer and many people I know that used to bash her before is now praising and seeing how talented she is.

Genuine Guy 09
12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

9 weeks top 100 is not the tea - that's the same time as britneys 'Make Me' - which was actually a two week top 20. 

12 weeks is the safety net to call something a hit. 

We need bundles and unorganic chart rises from interscope payola (vintage Gaga) and we need it... Fast 

ezgif-4-b7cf478d2d0e.gif

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Lady Ganja

please stop comparing artists.

and nor rihanna nor arianna are/were "newer" artists

Lady Ganja

Putang Ina Mo
16 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

Stupid Love didn’t smash, but didn’t fail. I say a decent performance is spot on. Could it have done better had bars and clubs not closed due to covid? Yes. But we can’t rewrite history. Moving on to ROM.

It was played in bars and clubs before COVID... but it was the leaked version, a month before Gaga officially released the track :ladyhaha:. 

I think it could've done better on the charts if she released it earlier. 

my username says it all đŸ‡”đŸ‡­

Mr S

Britney's peak (1999-2004) was bigger than Gaga's peak (2008-2012) but Gaga today is in a much better place as Britney in 2011. Circus did well but it felt more like a comeback for her label/management rather than Britney herself. It was more of a blip in an otherwise downward trajectory. 

DiskoBaby
8 minutes ago, chromadicka said:

please stop comparing artists.

and nor rihanna nor arianna are/were "newer" artists

When I said newer I meant pop singers that came out after them and who are in the peak of their fame.

Hyperballad
28 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

Correct. 

Femme Fatale is Gaga's Chromatica era. The tea is real! 

Circus - ASIB smash era before hand 

HIAM frontloaded 'hit'... Stupid Love 

Til The World ends featuring younger artists... Rain On Me 

Both 12 years in...

Need I continue? 

tumblr_mx8gj166dt1qjdybto2_250.gif

Britney Jean is next then... uhhh :air:

xoxo Craig
38 minutes ago, DiskoBaby said:

Both singers have a similar career path like peaking early in their careers, having their older albums becoming influential to pop music at the time, and making a comeback later in the decade. With Britney Spears it was her Circus album and Womanizer becoming a hit, with Lady Gaga it was her movie A Star is Born and Shallow becoming her biggest hit since Bad Romance.

Although it is just a year difference, Is Lady Gaga at that same peak as Britney Spears was when she released Femme Fatale? Britney at this time was coming off her comeback and collaborating with newer singers like Rihanna, Kesha, and Nicki Minaj. Hold It Against Me was a decent hit but Till The World Ends blew up during the summer.

Now Lady Gaga is coming off the hype of Shallow and ASIB, Stupid Love was a decent hit but it looks like Rain On Me will be a summer smash and she's collaborating with newer singers like Ariana Grande and Blackpink.

So is Lady Gaga's relevance and popularity for her album Chromatica similar to Britney Spears during her album Femme Fatale? Is she more popular than Britney Spears was or less popular? Also do you see Lady Gaga as a pop legend now as Britney Spears was during that time or does Lady Gaga still have more to prove?

Britney was relevant in 2011? News to me

End Racism Now

Venus Rose
10 minutes ago, chromadicka said:

please stop comparing artists

Isn't that what happens on this forum all the time?

Britney Jean1
Just now, DiskoBaby said:

So is Lady Gaga's relevance and popularity for her album Chromatica similar to Britney Spears during her album Femme Fatale? Is she more popular than Britney Spears was or less popular? Also do you see Lady Gaga as a pop legend now as Britney Spears was during that time or does Lady Gaga still have more to prove?

NO, Britney was more relevant first Britney didn't have any collabs on Femme Fatale her singles at least HIAM, TTWE, IWG were all hits without needing someone else to back them up. Femme Fatale produced a #1 hit solo. and FEMME FATALE was extremely hyped it broke records for trending 6 days straight on twitter when it was first announced. 

so simple answer is NO

Slim

Hyperballad
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Britney was relevant in 2011? News to me

Where the hell were you? Azerbaijan? :excuseu: 

I could never turn on my radio without hearing Till the world ends or I wanna go 

Archived