💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj fans attack Usher for saying she's the product of Lil Kim

Featured Posts

Gagi
11 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Don’t act like Gaga fans wouldn’t do the same if someone made the same comment about her and Madonna.

I think what’s most annoying is that female artist are constantly compared to each other. Whether it be their peers or their elders. They can never just be complemented on their accomplishments without having it compared to someone else’s. When’s the last time Drake, Kendrick or J Cole was compared to Tupac or called the product of him or any other male artist? 

But what annoys you about that in the first place? What’s bad about being compared to the Queen of rap/Queen B?

People DO compare male artists too, of course I’m far from being a celebrity but when I uploaded a song here on GGD people compared me to Post Malone (in terms of music) and I felt nothing but flattered. Comparing is not always a bad thing

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
3 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

No shade, no shade

full shade from me. they're nasty.

Perezchristian

Kim wasn't the only female rapper to be the blueprint for the newer generation It was also Foxy who also inspired nicki..... on top of that if you notice the how foxy raps and how nicki raps it's also similar than kim. So is the attitude both their attitudes are being bad bitches.....

13 minutes ago, Gagi said:

But what annoys you about that in the first place? What’s bad about being compared to the Queen of rap/Queen B?

People DO compare male artists too, of course I’m far from being a celebrity but when I uploaded a song here on GGD people compared me to Post Malone (in terms of music) and I felt nothing but flattered. Comparing is not always a bad thing

It’s annoying that they can’t just be praised for having made a name and sound for themselves. I mean other than colorful wigs and revealing clothing there’s nothing similar about Nicki and Kim’s artistry. She wasn’t the only female rapper that was big back in the day. Missy and Foxy -and I’m not saying she should be compared to them- were also big names in female rap and Nicki’s work is more similar to them but everyone makes it a point to compare her to little Kim because she’s the “Queen of rap”.

You're proud of being compared to post Malone because you’re not a famous artist! And don’t get me wrong I applaud you for making art! But not everyone wants to be compared especially if you’re trying to make your own legacy. 

19 minutes ago, Gagi said:

It’s annoying that they can’t just be praised for having made a name and sound for themselves. I mean other than colorful wigs and revealing clothing there’s nothing similar about Nicki and Kim’s artistry. She wasn’t the only female rapper that was big back in the day. Missy and Foxy -and I’m not saying she should be compared to them- were also big names in female rap and Nicki’s work is more similar to them but everyone makes it a point to compare her to little Kim because she’s the “Queen of rap”.

You're proud of being compared to post Malone because you’re not a famous artist! And don’t get me wrong I applaud you for making art! But not everyone wants to be compared especially if you’re trying to make your own legacy. 

BlingNotTheMusic
17 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

full shade from me. they're nasty.

I was quoting one of her acceptance speeches :reductive:

ToxicHot
40 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

and? they’re both washed up now, who cares 

How the hell is Nicki washed up? :lmao: She’s still relevant, she’s still charting and as a matter of fact just got a number one single on her Say So remix. Kim on the other hand..... her albums hardly sell in recent years. :ally:

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Mr Ricky
3 hours ago, darkpaw said:

lol Kim has BEEN over sis! No doubt she paved the way for others but Nicki really put female rap out there:ohwell:

Lil kim never paved the way for anyone, she just had her time in jail. Ofcourse, it's hard to come back after that. But other than that, her discography before jailtime is practically shitting on everything Nicki has made. I don't hate Nicki at all though, but it's not on par with Lil Kim. :vegas: 

Crossfit

Gracious Gaga
3 hours ago, DeIusional said:

Kim Petras?

EXubayVXYAE5Wos?format=jpg&name=small

wait I love Kim 

♥ Kindness Police.

Gagi
37 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Do you make in art (in whatever form) yourself? If not it might be hard to see it from an artist perspective.

Obviously people are not gonna say “wow you can’t be compared to no one”, especially when you’re new to the game. Everyone is comparable in one way or another. Let it be similar style of clothing, rap flow, dancing skills etc.

If you take it as a compliment or get bitchy about it is another topic. Don’t know if you’ve seen my pfp but ironically it’s Miss Minaj on it and I followed her since 2009 so I know some things about her. Thing is that in fact she LOVED to be compared to Lil’ Kim in the beginning of her career. She never took it as an attack against her artistry. Only later when she realized she was getting more successful than her, she switched like a ***gót. 

weed

i mean their fave is dating a rapist and a murderer and she loved 6ix9ine, are u shocked sksksks

Mr Ricky
19 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

How the hell is Nicki washed up? :lmao: She’s still relevant, she’s still charting and as a matter of fact just got a number one single on her Say So remix. Kim on the other hand..... her albums hardly sell in recent years. :ally:

Let's be real, Lil Kim only comes with real "hood" rap and not the radio-charting friendly stuff that is been going on by Nicki. Kim is independent, has no big label pushing her to do major stuff. :ally:

Crossfit

Gagi
7 minutes ago, weed said:

i mean their fave is dating a rapist and a murderer and she loved 6ix9ine, are u shocked sksksks

It’s actually sick with her now that a think about it, I mean the fact that her husband is a convicted rapist, her brother is a pdf + rapist and so is 6ix9ine, one of the few people she made more than one song with 

ToxicHot
1 minute ago, Draven said:

Let's be real, Lil Kim only comes with real "hood" rap and not the radio-charting friendly stuff that is been going on by Nicki. Kim is independent, has no big label pushing her to do major stuff. :ally:

Most of Nicki’s actual music isn’t like that though. :toofunny: Of course she has pop songs to appeal to more people and expand her audience and show her versatility. Actually, since the Say So remix she now has a #1 on every single Billboard chart (across all genres, too). Very impressive. 

And no disrespect to Kim, if she wants to be independent that’s fine. It’s great that she’s still grinding. Anyway, the point is Nicki is far from washed up regardless of what people say about her music. She’s opened doors for many of these new female rappers, paving the way for them in the same way Kim and Missy paved it for her. I’m glad people can express their opinions on here, but the hate for her on this site is so exhausting. 

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

Mr Ricky
4 minutes ago, ToxicHot said:

Most of Nicki’s actual music isn’t like that though. :toofunny: Of course she has pop songs to appeal to more people and expand her audience and show her versatility. Actually, since the Say So remix she now has a #1 on every single Billboard chart (across all genres, too). Very impressive. 

And no disrespect to Kim, if she wants to be independent that’s fine. It’s great that she’s still grinding. Anyway, the point is Nicki is far from washed up regardless of what people say about her music. She’s opened doors for many of these new female rappers, paving the way for them in the same way Kim and Missy paved it for her. I’m glad people can express their opinions on here, but the hate for her on this site is so exhausting. 

Hate is definitely unnecessary though. 

Crossfit

Archived