Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Troy Carter's New Artist: Pia Mia, Signs To Electric Feel/Republic Records

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

pia-mia-press-2019-billboard-1548-768x43

Before she signed with Republic, though, Pia Mia had yet to record a new track she felt all-in on. But while driving to her friend’s house an hour-and-a-half away, blasting throwback songs in the car, “Kiss Kiss” by Chris Brown and T-Pain came on — and inspired her. “I just instantly knew what I was going to do in the studio that night,” she recalls. So, she went in and recorded what is now her Electric Feel/Republic debut, “Princess,” what she calls a “powerful, confident and sexy” R&B-pop track that, of course, samples “Kiss Kiss.” She recalls FaceTiming Rosen right after to tell him, “'We made a ****ing smash' — I hadn’t had that feeling since 'Do It Again.'”

Things were finally falling into place — a new record deal and, eventually, a new manager in Troy Carter, founder/CEO of Q&A — but then, just as Pia Mia was gearing up for her next era, the pandemic hit and she found herself once again rethinking her next move. “We were kind of waiting to see what was happening in the world," she says, "and then this resurgence of ‘Do It Again’ happened [on TikTok] and it felt like the stars were aligning." 

Full story at Source:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9377616/pia-mia-signed-electric-feel-republic-princess-single-exclusive

Well, what do you think, hennies? Gonna support ha?

700px-Pia_Mia_March_18,_2014_(cropped).j

Will she becomes next big thing in Pop the way Troy launches Gaga's and Megan Manor's career and out their name on the map? :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ApplauseftAdele

She’s so extremely basic and uninspired. Wasn’t do it again released like 5+ years ago?

myluis617

I use to listen to her back in the day, Still enjoy some of her songs. I don't know about her image though, she is trying too much to look urban when we all know she a rich pop girl. I think she is tanning herself deeper than what her natural tan is. I could be wrong though she was born in Guam.

myluis617
1 minute ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

She’s so extremely basic and uninspired. Wasn’t do it again released like 5+ years ago?

about to be 5 years...

Daylight Jokers

I always get confused with her and Dua Lipa a couple of years ago because of their rhyming names.

Maleficent

her music is a dime a dozen and tbh artists like Jorja Smith are doing what shes doing but 10000x times better

Katsuki Bakugo

I feel

i’ve 

seen

this

thread

before

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

Stafani Versace

Kiss Kiss was a bop but sampling Chris Brown in 2020 is.... a choice.

blackpink

ive been a fan of pia since 2014 when she was signed to interscope and it seems like her new deal with Republic is good, from the sounds of it the team over there really believe in her which is exciting!

but troye...he better treat her right that’s all ill say :awkney:

Archived