Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

The Horror Megathread

Doot

Featured Posts

Mr Oak
3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Have any of y'all watched Suspiria (Remake)? Those last 30 minutes always make me happy lol

I loved it:pray:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Flippy said:

WHAAAAAT?! Kinda exciting though lol

Have any of y'all watched Suspiria (Remake)? Those last 30 minutes always make me happy lol

Re Halloween,

The two biggest theater chains are warring with Universal Studios and made public statements that when theaters reopen they won't be showing their films. 

They are pissed because Universal pulled the trolls movie from theaters and went VOD instead and made more that way than a theatrical release. And stated that they would be experimenting with that going forward.  So expect Halloween Kills to be VOD. 

And I saw Suspiria. That was a fcking weird movie but I dug it. 

Flippy
8 minutes ago, Doot said:

Re Halloween,

The two biggest theater chains are warring with Universal Studios and made public statements that when theaters reopen they won't be showing their films. 

They are pissed because Universal pulled the trolls movie from theaters and went VOD instead and made more that way than a theatrical release. And stated that they would be experimenting with that going forward.  So expect Halloween Kills to be VOD. 

And I saw Suspiria. That was a fcking weird movie but I dug it. 

That'd be exciting! I'm actually looking forward to it but it's just so crazy how theaters just won't open yet :giveup: What a time to be alive, right? I used to love going to watch movies in theater on opening night :cryga:

Suspiria is just so crazy! I can't believe I didn't watch it in theaters... :nooo:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Defmix100

Has anyone seen Ready Or Not? Reminded me a bit of You're Next

and there's a new documentary about cursed horror movies

imnotyourbabe10
1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Yes!!! Love the original but the remake was pretty rad. All that red in the end. Grotesque! Tilda is divine and I was surprised at Dakota Johnson’s work!

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

and there's a new documentary about cursed horror movies

I ejoyed Ready or Not, it won't go down as one of my favorite horror movies of all times, but it was quite entertainig. 

28 minutes ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Yes!!! Love the original but the remake was pretty rad. All that red in the end. Grotesque! Tilda is divine and I was surprised at Dakota Johnson’s work!

Tilda is amazing. I've loved her in everything I've seen her in. 

1 hour ago, Defmix100 said:

I'm gonna rewatch You're Next this weekend, but I loved Ready or Not. I feel like I probably enjoyed it more than I initially enjoyed You're Next. 

Defmix100
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I'm gonna rewatch You're Next this weekend, but I loved Ready or Not. I feel like I probably enjoyed it more than I initially enjoyed You're Next. 

Same I did prefer it, but that whole sub genre is probably my favourite anyway with The Strangers being number one

2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Same I did prefer it, but that whole sub genre is probably my favourite anyway with The Strangers being number one

The Strangers is in my top 20 of all time. I absolutely love that movie and it does not deserve the hate it gets. It's terrifying. 

Same goes for Paranormal Activity. I'll defend that movie to the grave. 

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

The Strangers is in my top 20 of all time. I absolutely love that movie and it does not deserve the hate it gets. It's terrifying. 

Same goes for Paranormal Activity. I'll defend that movie to the grave. 

I was probably 14 at the time and when I saw it in the cinema I was so scared I accidentally grabbed this woman's leg next to me and she was a stranger (not from the movie but still)

Just now, Defmix100 said:

I was probably 14 at the time and when I saw it in the cinema I was so scared I accidentally grabbed this woman's leg next to me and she was a stranger (not from the movie but still)

I'll never forget watching the trailer for it in theaters when the guy just casually appears in the background behind her, and the entire theater screamed. 

Defmix100
Just now, Doot said:

I'll never forget watching the trailer for it in theaters when the guy just casually appears in the background behind her, and the entire theater screamed. 

yes that trailer is so perfect! I couldn't wait for it to be released after that

speaking of horror trailers two I really remember seeing during the trailers at the cinema when I was a kid were The Descent (followed by the trailer for Hostel I think). I was 12 at the time and felt so freaked out and sick that I made my dad and I leave the movie we went to see after 5 minutes in.

The other was the trailer for The Omen remake, the trailer where it's just the boy on the swing and he looks at camera with some prophecy text. It just gave me chills and I've always remembered it

1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

yes that trailer is so perfect! I couldn't wait for it to be released after that

speaking of horror trailers two I really remember seeing during the trailers at the cinema when I was a kid were The Descent (followed by the trailer for Hostel I think). I was 12 at the time and felt so freaked out and sick that I made my dad and I leave the movie we went to see after 5 minutes in.

The other was the trailer for The Omen remake, the trailer where it's just the boy on the swing and he looks at camera with some prophecy text. It just gave me chills and I've always remembered it

I feel like I'm in the minority of not liking the Descent. I've tried watching that like five times and can never get all the way through it. 

Defmix100
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I feel like I'm in the minority of not liking the Descent. I've tried watching that like five times and can never get all the way through it. 

The thing I like about it is the claustrophobia and darkness. But also I love the art of trailers so even films I hate I sometimes really love the trailer. Like the Nightmare on Elm Street remake trailer is one of my favourite horror trailers, I don't hate the movie like a lot of people do but still

Archived