Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Ryan Tedder: It’s “Tone-deaf” to release an album right now

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

Featured Posts

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

I literally laugh at the people who think that Gaga can’t release Chromatica in June and EASILY get a #1 even if the sales won’t be what they would’ve. Pre-orders have been up since 3/2. Although numbers haven’t come in, her pre-orders alone after 3 months will be more than some lower level artists accomplish with promo in one-week. Not to mention her name is out there right now in general, and after ASIB she has more casual fans gravitate to her AND it’s the return of more pop Gaga. Comparing 9/11 to a pandemic that has been happening for months and the news is already growing tired of covering is also just ridiculous. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
InstantDejavu
3 minutes ago, Juicefactor said:

The guy is an idiot who obviously takes himself way too seriously.

the world needs music right now, then you have these greedy ass musicians “no we’re gonna wait until it benefits us”. 

**** off with that 

and then they call me rude for saying I can't understand some of you...:derpga:

BlingNotTheMusic

I disagree. 

I think he's educated in the business and interesting to know people are streaming older or already established records. However, during this time I think the music industry could be less greedy and say hey, this amount of my record sales are going to COVID relief. Are we just not going to have new music until this thing is over? His argument definitely has some flaws ...

EDIT: Also, not to mention the fact that people NEED to feel inspired right now. So this whole argument seems very one sided IMO.

InstantDejavu
3 minutes ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

I literally laugh at the people who think that Gaga can’t release Chromatica in June and EASILY get a #1 even if the sales won’t be what they would’ve. Like how are you even a fan? Pre-orders have been up since 3/2. Although numbers haven’t come in, her pre-orders alone after 3 months will be more than some lower level artists accomplish with promo. Not to mention her name is out there right now in general, and after ASIB she has more casual fans gravitate to her AND it’s the return of more pop Gaga. Comparing 9/11 to a pandemic that has been happening for months and the news is already growing tired of coverage is also just ridiculous. 

But I am being rude for saying I can't understand some of you but you can laugh at people and call them fake fans? sure Jan. :bye:

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
1 minute ago, Delaytica said:

I disagree. 

I think he's educated in the business and interesting to know people are streaming older or already established records. However, during this time I think the music industry could be less greedy and say hey, this amount of my record sales are going to COVID relief. Are we just now going to have new music until this thing is over? His argument definitely has some flaws ...

Yes! Not to mention like 80% of the popular artists right now are either donating, or they are a part of the one world benefit concert, so if they do want to release new music I feel like they should be allowed to because they still did something for a good cause. It’s one thing if they completely ignored what’s  happening, didn’t use their platform to advocate for staying inside or donating, and then decided to release new music. And Gaga after all she’s done so far should be THE LAST artist anyone positions that argument towards. 

JusKeepBreathin

To all artists.

Release the music!

sing let go GIF by Epitaph Records

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Ryusei

Everyone acting like they‘re so holier than thou is going on my nerves. Whats it his problem when someone wants to release an album? The people who are releasing know that they wont have an optimal promo cycle or anything. They can push it back if they want to.. so who the hell cares? People releasing music is like the least of our problems

Musery

LUO YI

:lmao: this guy. 

Anyways I’ll enjoy the new releases that are coming the next months :huntyga:

The night sky tells all

DonnieDarko

He’s right and he knows what he’s talking about unlike most stans.

Dua Lipa released an album and literally no one cares about it now. It’s come and gone. Sadly. 

Gaga made a smart move with the delay. Chromatica and Gaga deserve more attention than what it would get if released on April 10th. Late June or early July seems to be the best date to release. Sure, the virus will still be here, but it may be contained just a bit. 

Genuine Guy 09

I am sure this was AP at some point...

I don't know how it isn't common sense.. Releasing just isn't gonna work at all and this forum would get their album, and within 10 days start making threads asking where she is. 

The delay means you get MVs, performances, Gaga. Releasing now means you get your album and cover. Woo

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

monketsharona
32 minutes ago, gagaisitalian said:

I fully agree.

Artists will fail commercially if they release right now, no one will pay attention, and they can't provide live performances besides boring livestreams of them sitting in their pajamas in their living room.

I am SO relieved Gaga pushed Chromatica back. I want to see her performing these songs on talk shows and going on a proper promo campaign.

No live performances will happen at least until late 2021 early 2022. 

Knowing health experts already said no live tour may happen until fall 2021

DonnieDarko
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

No live performances will happen at least until late 2021 early 2022. 

Knowing health experts already said no live tour may happen until fall 2021

No concerts and sport events, not performances tho. I’m sure tv shows will come back earlier than this, maybe with no audience or limited audience. 

Babel

I guess doing anything else to distract yourself from the constant fear of getting the virus and being held in your 3x3 squared meters bedroom is tone deaf?

A1B826CF-06A9-4905-8B5D-838DD11AC1C4.thu

thefamebitch

So if this lasts for many more months (second, third waves) is that even logical or sustainable long term? I’ve heard the argument before that people who worked on these need to be paid (and I agree!) but if they sit on an album for a year.... what revenue source are they being paid from? Does not add up beyond a couple months. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
19 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I am sure this was AP at some point...

I don't know how it isn't common sense.. Releasing just isn't gonna work at all and this forum would get their album and within 10 days start sling threads asking where she is. 

The delay means you get MVs, performances, Gaga. Releasing now means you get your album and cover. Woo

If you delay until 2021, sure :huntyga:

Archived