Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shallow about to outstream Stupid Love on Spotify

dit

Featured Posts

Kapi09

Let's be honest, Shallow is her biggest song of entire career and will stay forever.  :ally:
Of course, most of people know Poker Face or Bad Romance, but Shallow is the song which everyone love. :oops:

My name isn't Alice

DeanWinchester

REMINDER

You can't NOT stream SL and also complain about its numbers

smirk drinking GIF

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SHALLOW
29 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

MR and Shallow took months to take off

we cant just give up like this, smaller radio stations are stanning :giveup: our fate hangs in the callout scores

MR was overperformed and Shallow was supported by a movie, whereas SL has been released in the middle of a pandemic. There’s no way it’s gonna do better.

Yxcvbnm
1 hour ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

it is a good song - people just say its bad cause its flopping, shes a real grower. What the hell is the rest of the album going to go down like if this is the way SL is being treated... really hope its PI/MR situation

GIF by Barstool Sports

I remember, when almost everyone checked the leaked snippet or the whole song. 

Everyone said, it's a B-side outtake, a leftover, or just a demo from 2011. Cause it is just not 'it'. Obviously not a lead single worthy track, a filler. And these were the honest opinions from the fanbase. 

Then she released the song with that campy amateur video.

It's just not that level, she used to represent. She can restart the whole era. 

S0436

Also add to the fact older songs are being streamed more than normal because people want to listen to music that elicits happier times.  

Genuine Guy 09
5 minutes ago, Yxcvbnm said:

I remember, when almost everyone checked the leaked snippet or the whole song. 

Everyone said, it's a B-side outtake, a leftover, or just a demo from 2011. Cause it is just not 'it'. Obviously not a lead single worthy track, a filler. And these were the honest opinions from the fanbase. 

Then she released the song with that campy amateur video.

It's just not that level, she used to represent. She can restart the whole era. 

They did.

Because i was one of them.

But now I'm a full on StupidLover

At least its massive on radio :bradley:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Genuine Guy 09
30 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

REMINDER

You can't NOT stream SL and also complain about its numbers

smirk drinking GIF

Sis  im sure you didnt mean me..but i have been streaming about 50 times off HHUK spotify everyday 

EO1d3lzW4AMOBMI.thumb.jpeg.08bc3a231879e

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Roronoa

I doubt SL is the strongest song on the album. But like always, SL haters need to make it loud and clear that the song sucks.

Yes we get it, you hate Stupid Love, don't need to remind everyone all the damn time.

White Guy Blinking Batting Eyes GIF

If it's meant to fail it will fail on its own. Gaga doesn't need all this continuous hate. 

Defmix100
1 hour ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

it is a good song - people just say its bad cause its flopping

people have said it since the demo (which sounds 99.99% like the final version)

Jigglygoth
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I'm not suprised tbh...
The fact that Stupid Love is a lead single written and produced by Lady Gaga, Bloodpop and Max Martin, and that this song has the laziest chorus in Gaga's entire catalogue... Stupid Love really screams total banger/hit until that "chorus" hits :(

I like Stupid Love, and I enjoyed it a lot. Everytime I hear it, anywhere, it makes me dance and sing along. 

However, what you said is true. The song builds up with great adrenaline, and the chorus feels too short and lackluster in that context. 

I don't think it's a bad song, and I couldn't care less about how it was received by casual listeners. But it is a fact that the chorus can't compete with the rest of the track. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Archived