đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Emma Watson on sex, kink culture and consent

COOOK

Featured Posts

ItWasntLaauv

I love her more than I know how to handle, my gay ass had/still have the biggest crush on her growing up. I would die to meet her, she’s so cool and smart. :bradley:

Suuus
5 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Why is she bringing this up in TEEN Vogue? If she knows anything about kink culture, it's that the first rule is that everyone has to be at least 18 years old (don't know how it works in countries where age of consent is lower but it's the standard moral they have in place). Everyone knows that while teen magazines are aimed at those aged 13-17, plenty of under 13's read them too, to feel grown-up. You don't want anyone below the age of maybe 16 hearing about this stuff. Even when teen magazines became super progressive, I don't remember kink culture ever being brought up. I'm shocked that the editors allowed this to be printed, it's highly inappropriate and irresponsible for the intended age group.

All emma said was that the facinated with kink i think you overreacting a little bit

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Suuus said:

All emma said was that the facinated with kink i think you overreacting a little bit

Even if she wasn't going into detail, she shouldn't even have said it. That's something you bring up in Cosmo, Glamour, Marie Claire, not magazines with the word "teen" in the title.

Suuus
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

Even if she wasn't going into detail, she shouldn't even have said it. That's something you bring up in Cosmo, Glamour, Marie Claire, not magazines with the word "teen" in the title.

In the entire article There are maybe 2 sentences that are about kink you are overreacting stop dragging emma for this

rasclautmangos
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Teen vogue shouldn't have published it for their target audience to read. Emma is a grown almost 30 year old woman.

not Chromatica
16 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Why is she bringing this up in TEEN Vogue? If she knows anything about kink culture, it's that the first rule is that everyone has to be at least 18 years old (don't know how it works in countries where age of consent is lower but it's the standard moral they have in place). Everyone knows that while teen magazines are aimed at those aged 13-17, plenty of under 13's read them too, to feel grown-up. You don't want anyone below the age of maybe 16 hearing about this stuff. Even when teen magazines became super progressive, I don't remember kink culture ever being brought up. I'm shocked that the editors allowed this to be printed, it's highly inappropriate and irresponsible for the intended age group.

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

ItWasntLaauv
20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I can understand what you’re saying, at the same time sex is talked about a lot on Teen Vogue, idk why barely brushing on kink culture in an interview segment about consent is bad. It’s like saying people shouldn’t know about or be educated about sex at all until they’re eighteen, it sounds like a recipe for disaster because people would be so uneducated and not able to ask valid questions. 

She’s bringing up a great example of the ability of how people consent that related to what they were talking about. It also sheds the slightest, little light on kink culture without being very explicit or crude so it takes a bit the taboo-ness out of it and opens the door for people not being afraid to ask questions at an earlier age, which only leads to a more well-rounded adult as they grow up.

StrawberryBlond
18 minutes ago, Suuus said:

In the entire article There are maybe 2 sentences that are about kink you are overreacting stop dragging emma for this

I'm really not dragging her, just didn't see why she had to bring it up in a teen magazine and why they printed it.

16 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

Teen vogue shouldn't have published it for their target audience to read. Emma is a grown almost 30 year old woman.

That is who I'm directing my comment at, it's up to them what to print or not and that was a big error of judgement. Don't be surprised in pre-teen readers are now asking their parents what kink means.

15 minutes ago, Chromatica said:

Lady Gaga Eye Roll GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

Why the eye roll? It's not like it's a radical perspective.

15 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

I can understand what you’re saying, at the same time sex is talked about a lot on Teen Vogue, idk why barely brushing on kink culture in an interview segment about consent is bad. It’s like saying people shouldn’t know about or be educated about sex at all until they’re eighteen, it sounds like a recipe for disaster because people would be so uneducated and not able to ask valid questions. 

She’s bringing up a great example of the ability of how people consent that related to what they were talking about. It also sheds the slightest, little light on kink culture without being very explicit or crude so it takes a bit the taboo-ness out of it and opens the door for people not being afraid to ask questions at an earlier age, which only leads to a more well-rounded adult as they grow up.

Talking about sex to teens is all very well. Of course they need to know the basics, contraception, consent and even things like self-pleasure. I'm fully on board with that, it's proven that educated teens are less likely to STDs and get pregnant underage. But kink, no, that's an adult domain and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable talking to a teen about that. That's not something you want a teen experimenting with. Plenty of adults have come to grief after experimenting with a kink they thought they'd like but didn't. I don't trust people still at school to fare much better.

ItWasntLaauv
25 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Talking about sex to teens is all very well. Of course they need to know the basics, contraception, consent and even things like self-pleasure. I'm fully on board with that, it's proven that educated teens are less likely to STDs and get pregnant underage. But kink, no, that's an adult domain and I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable talking to a teen about that. That's not something you want a teen experimenting with. Plenty of adults have come to grief after experimenting with a kink they thought they'd like but didn't. I don't trust people still at school to fare much better.

I think that’s just one point that we disagree on (although I’m very glad you think it’s a good idea to talk about general sex education with teens), I think kink is a very interesting topic that can be talked about appropriately in the context how consent works and other things. Especially with kink/BDSM heavy content like Fifty Shades and others making its way into the mainstream and pop culture, I feel like it’s our duty to educate teens on this kind of stuff as it makes its way into their topics of conversations and they start to ask questions about it. Without education on that topic in particular, people may grow up and find false, dangerous information and come to the conclusion that sexual activities are an angry, demeaning, mean, non-consensual way of living. If they don’t have the right tools and they’re interested, they may try and emulate what they think kink or sex is, which is probably going to be much different from what it actually is. I think that’s where the damage and grief comes in, they dive in deep because all of it is so new and taboo for them and they just overload themselves. Easing people into the education of it and giving people the right information and tools if they’re interested can make teens make a more informed, less traumatizing decisions as they grow older. Education is powerrrrr!!! :firega:

Archived