• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jhonyguy04

• TheMadridHash

• Got Dynamite

TheMadridHash

Is it just me, or is it taking unusually long to sell out in the US? I thought they would sell out in seconds... :flop:

well most of the dates have only crappy seats left(and some are sold out), all GA have sold out in pretty much every date at least

the problem is that those crappy seats go for over 200$ i mean, they cost the same the lower section tickets do, how's that even ...????

Edited by TheMadridHash

well if mexico ends up under 45k it will be a flop

JUST ONE show, i mean she has to sell those 55k tickets

Oh Lawd.......

well if mexico ends up under 45k it will be a flop

JUST ONE show, i mean she has to sell those 55k tickets

Then we can call this a flop already. Those ****ing sales haven't increased since october started.

Then we can call this a flop already. Those ****ing sales haven't increased since october started.

Noooooooo!!!!! Floooooooop!!!

hausofandrew

Oh God... When will people shut the hell up? It's about quality and professionality, not about sales and grossings.

People need to stop with this flop thing. To sell a stadium is not a flop. To sell an arena is not a flop. To make at least 1 million per night is not a flop. Mexico is not a flop. You just need to see the circumstances. Yes, she sold 3 stadiums with the Monster ball there, but one was in another city, she was there for the first time, Madonna wasnt touring there, the prices were smaller, she had big promotion, she was on the radio, she didnt tour other Latin America countries. So, pls stop. You need to have some real expectation from a tour. She is not yet the biggest tour artist, but she is working and takes chances and hopefully she will become someday ( maybe with the next tour) the biggest female tour performer. Born this way ball just show her the way. Enjoy it because ARTPOP is waiting for his moment.

Edited by florin22n

TheMadridHash

People need to stop with this flop thing. To sell a stadium is not a flop. To sell an arena is not a flop. To make at least 1 million per night is not a flop. Mexico is not a flop. You just need to see the circumstances. Yes, she sold 3 stadiums with the Monster ball there, but one was in another city, she was there for the first time, Madonna wasnt touring there, the prices were smaller, she had big promotion, she was on the radio, she didnt tour other Latin America countries. So, pls stop. You need to have some real expectation from a tour. She is not yet the biggest tour artist, but she is working and takes chances and hopefully she will become someday ( maybe with the next tour) the biggest female tour performer. Born this way ball just show her the way. Enjoy it because ARTPOP is waiting for his moment.

stay in denial but i bet Live Nation IS worried about Mexico sales, that 4 day gap between Mexico & Puerto CLEARLY means they had another show planned for mexico and they couldn't pull it offf because of the regular sales for the 1st show

so, yes. THE SALE EXPECTATIONS WERE HIGHER FOR LIVE NATION, they were in fact expecting at least this show to be sold out, and i still think IT CAN, but it needs that local promo

Which Latin America shows do you think will sold out?

Maxico? MAYBE, probably not, poor sales

Puerto Rico 1st date? YES

Puerto Rico 2st date? Maybe

Costa Rica? Maybe

Colombia? Yes

Sao Paulo? Yes

Rio? Maybe, problably not, too much tickets

Porto Alegre? Maybe

Buenos Aires? Yes

Santiago? Yes

Lima? Yes

Assuncion? MAaybe

the problem is that those crappy seats go for over 200$ i mean, they cost the same the lower section tickets do, how's that even ...????

Precisely. For years Live Nation have assumed they can just push up ticket prices and people will keep paying, the die-hard fans still do but the casual fans (ie the majority of the audience) will be far more reluctant to part with their cash at those prices. I'd wager if the upper tier seats were $60 - $80 all of them would have gone by now.

stay in denial but i bet Live Nation IS worried about Mexico sales, that 4 day gap between Mexico & Puerto CLEARLY means they had another show planned for mexico and they couldn't pull it offf because of the regular sales for the 1st show

so, yes. THE SALE EXPECTATIONS WERE HIGHER FOR LIVE NATION, they were in fact expecting at least this show to be sold out, and i still think IT CAN, but it needs that local promo

The first show will be sold out. I agree that they had higher expectations from Mexico, but I dont think that they are worried and I am sure that they dont think they flop. I mean to be a part of a top 15 tours of all time ( there will be Born this way ball after North America leg) is so far from flopping.

boysboysboys

I'd heard that both Russian shows sold out in minutes, but ok. I can't read the article though, so I don't know.

I updated the other dates too, but I'm unsure how many tickets are actually available. I tried looking through ticketmaster but some dates have a seating plan that doesn't point out how many have sold and I can't decipher the foreign ones. Anyway, we won't know exactly how many tickets have sold until after the show. As evidenced by Billboard's data, it's clear she doesn't always have complete sellouts with even numbers.

Yes, but do consider that these venues may really have sold out and they're only adding seats.

I have firsthand evidence that they did this to the 1st Manila date, and they even had the gall to add a 2nd date!

The first show will be sold out. I agree that they had higher expectations from Mexico, but I dont think that they are worried and I am sure that they dont think they flop. I mean to be a part of a top 15 tours of all time ( there will be Born this way ball after North America leg) is so far from flopping.

with how things are going, I don't know if she really will reach the top 15 and equal or outgross the MB. but we'll see....

TheMadridHash

Precisely. For years Live Nation have assumed they can just push up ticket prices and people will keep paying, the die-hard fans still do but the casual fans (ie the majority of the audience) will be far more reluctant to part with their cash at those prices. I'd wager if the upper tier seats were $60 - $80 all of them would have gone by now.

i think they could go around 100-120, after all they are seating tickets, but 200 seems a bit excesive, anyway they might know something WE DON'T

i mean the lead single could be very mainstream and they are expecting that to boost the sales, i mean and gaga is going to be doing promo for ARTPOP all over North America so maybe they just figure that they will sell out either way

with how things are going, I don't know if she really will reach the top 15 and equal or outgross the MB. but we'll see....

you are forgetting that she has over 14 dates coming that are mostly ALL stadium shows, and her North america leg will have better incomes than her usual previous ones since her tickets a re bit expensier this time