💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

lol that was so 2011 to be anti-Britney. now 2012 is anti-Madonna.

2011 was a bloody Stan war battle.

those days were gold :fan:

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Super Bowl would be the best possible promo for a new single.

Give Me All Your Luvin' disagrees :awesome:

Oyemiamor

Judas wouldn't have performed well regardless of when it was released. Sonically it's too blaring and in your face for most listeners. Not to mention that everyone in my entire town were losing their sh*t because of the lyric "I'm in love with Judas".

With a Monday release it could have been a minor hit, but too many people were offended by it/didn't like it for it to have repeated the success of Born This Way or any of her singles up to that point.

that is kind of ridiculous. I mean its a great metaphor. Who hasn't been in love with the wrong man (person) before? It was something people could relate to but maybe just over the general populations head.

Anyways, still waiting for some good music to come.

so sick and tired of hearing M5's ****s on radio. :wtf:

Gangnam Style deserves that number spot :yes:

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

Pop Art

Give Me All Your Luvin' disagrees :awesome:

But wasn't the Super Bowl the only thing that helped it to even hit #10? :huh:

nope.

Nicki

M.I.A.

debut single off MDNA

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

2011 was a bloody Stan war battle.

Honey, I was anti-Britney in 2011, too. Y'all shoulda seen me in all my glorious delusion stanning for Gaga on YouTube when BTW came out spamming the HIAM Audio video. LAWD! Thank God, I've moved on from my delusional ways of the past and I can grow to like more than one artist now (mind you, I ONLY listened to Gaga from August 2009-early 2011 so you can imagine how HUGE my stanning was back then :rip:).

I suppose so because the song skyrocketed to #2 on iTunes but it falled quickly after. But it's mainly because of the collabs that the song peaked at #10.

Demi Lovato is expected to release the first single off of her fourth studio album this November.

Now it's your turn, Britney. :crossed:

Anyways, yesterday there was a video on Beyonce's website that showed her in the studio with headphones and a pen and a notepad (LOL, as if she actually writes her own songs. :awesome:). Seems like Beyonce might be releasing earlier than we expect. I actually think Beyonce might release around the same time as Gaga. We might have a little competition in our hands. If that were to happen, there goes the Beyonce-Gaga fan union. :rip:

Pop Art

nope.

Nicki

M.I.A.

debut single off MDNA

I suppose so because the song skyrocketed to #2 on iTunes but it falled quickly after. But it's mainly because of the collabs that the song peaked at #10.

Yes, but if I remember correctly, the Super Bowl helped it to stay in the Top 10 on iTunes. Before the performance, it had risen quickly and fallen at a similar speed.

If I remember correctly, GMAYL skyrocketed to #2 on iTunes right after the SB, but they removed the single version and replaced it with the album version. In retrospect, the song fell of the top 1000 and needed to climb it's way back up the iTunes charts and managed to reach #6. Had they not removed the single version, it would of stayed at #2 and maybe even climbed to #1 and I still blame that for being the reason the digital sales that week stalled considerably. Had the digital sales been stronger that week, it would gotten more airplay on Pop Radio and therefore more sales and longevity. Oh well. :shrug:

Yes, but if I remember correctly, the Super Bowl helped it to stay in the Top 10 on iTunes. Before the performance, it had risen quickly and fallen at a similar speed.

Mhm, but Madonna shouldn't have put GMAYL's faith only in the Super Bowl performance because obviously it didn't smash. It hit #10 and that's all.

Arturo

Although I am rooting for M5, I'm surprised that they blocked a song with so much cultural impact. Y'all may not like M5 which is understandable, but you got to give them props for blocking something as MASSIVE as GS

Archived