Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Second Single

SHALLOW

Featured Posts

SHALLOW

So, i won't lie, i think SL and its MV are just ok :huntyga:

BUT i have to say that i'm liking the Apple promo since the #ShotOnIphone gets people talking.

However, i do hope this is kinda a Joanne Era situation where the second single is going to have deeper lyrics and is going to tell us more about the concept of the album. 

Like, it's ok for the first single to be the more commercial one. It's been like this for few eras, but i really want the second single to have a certain quality to it.

Yeah, basically, i want the second single to be kinda like Million Reasons :ohwell: what do you think?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
3 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Yeah. We've had the 'basic', fun pop song. I would love the next single to be a more complex one.

Yup. I honestly don't think the rest of Chromatica will be like SL. I think it's going to be way more like ARTPOP, like fun production but more complex/weird lyrics. 

ProfessionalClown

If she comes out with Million  Reason 2: Country Road Version I'm coming to your house to talk 

LilyLark

I wouldn't be surprised if the second single was a ballad. She has a varied fan base, and Interscope is probably trying to satisfy all aspects of said fanbase.

I like the song a lot more than y'all do. I think it's a good, solid fun bop. However, I am surprised by how overwhelmingly positive the critics have been...even Pitchfork and NY Times gave her solid reviews (they usually are very harsh on her). It's kind of interesting that a great, but somewhat basic, bop is getting Gaga some of her best reviews of her entire career.

Edited: It's good, though, because positive critics equals positive media exposure.

SHALLOW
Just now, PAPER GANZTA said:

How long does she usually take to release a second single?

I think it depends on how well it does, but i think about a month 

SHALLOW
7 minutes ago, David Nathan Raveles said:

If she comes out with Million  Reason 2: Country Road Version I'm coming to your house to talk 

Sis, honestly i'd take that over another SL :huntyga:

Moonlight on Water

i think 6 Feet Under will have more meaning. kinda gives me MR vibes. i'm so excited, i know i'm probably going to cry!

she/her

homomo

I’d be here for a duet with The Weeknd as the second single. A smooth, sexy rnb/pop song. Perfect for a late April release and contender for song of the summer

Archived