💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Justin Bieber 2nd Week Album Sales Drop 90%, Arena Concert Tix Not Selling

TheArcher

Featured Posts

TheArcher

His concert ticket sales are very poor, and some are wondering if promoters will be able to use the Coronavirus as an excuse if things really go south. Imagine arenas full of rock fans wearing masks.

Even worse: “Changes” sold 127,000 actual CDs and paid downloads last week. In its second week, so far, the number is 5,400. That’s a 95% drop, for an average of 90%.

This happens, as it did recently to Coldplay, which struck out in week 1 with its most recent release. But Coldplay, wisely, cancelled their tour, realizing that if no one wanted the album they weren’t going to buy tickets to hear the group play those songs.

Bieber, however, has a tour starting May 14th, and it’s in trouble. Tickets are not selling. In every venue, huge chunks of seats are just sitting there, unsold. Bieber’s “Intentions” may be good, but the reality is not. Increasing fear of the Coronavirus may be used as an excuse, even if it’s unfounded.

Also, the “Love” tour is all in arenas that have cut the seating in half at each theater. Arenas can do this; they drape off all the seats behind the stage, so as to cut down on lost sales. At the Meadlowlands in New Jersey, Bieber’s show in September has been cut way down.

But the cut downs don’t matter, as the remaining seats– except for floor seats– are not moving.

For the first show, in Seattle on May 14th, huge swaths of seats are still available. On Stubhub, the cheapest ticket is $41, and falling. This is in contrast to Harry Styles’s tour, which is solidly sold out for most of its run, even if the secondary market is going crazy.

Things get even worse for Bieber a couple of weeks later in Las Vegas, on June 2nd, where the solid blue indicates hundreds of seats still waiting to be sold. It’s going to be a long, tough summer for Justin unless there’s some renewed interest in “Changes,” or the tour.

https://www.showbiz411.com/2020/02/27/update-justin-bieber-second-week-album-sales-drop-90-concern-as-thousands-of-concert-tickets-not-selling-at-arenas

Jose P

Jeez that’s really bad :billie:

But that’s what you get when you drop a mediocre record. Not even his big name will sell something like that at this point of his career, it ain’t 2013 no more :ohwell:

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

Jeez that’s really bad :billie:

But that’s what you get when you drop a mediocre record. Not even his big name will sell something like that at this point of his career, it ain’t 2013 no more :ohwell:

Purpose came out in 2015, not 2013... that was his peak :ohwell:  but you're right, its a bigger flop than ARTPOP

End Racism Now

malazam

Coldplay cancelled? Wtf

They're coming from one of the biggest tours in history, people would buy tickets anyway.

Crazy.

another shot before we kiss the other side

Jose P
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Purpose came out in 2015, not 2013... that was his peak :ohwell:  but you're right, its a bigger flop than ARTPOP

Yeah I know, he was unstoppable all the way from 2010-2015. But that ain’t the case anymore which is why he can’t really afford to be mediocre anymore.

And also, ARTPOP didn’t flop :saladga:

xoxo Craig
Just now, Jose P said:

Yeah I know, he was unstoppable all the way from 2010-2015. But that ain’t the case anymore which is why he can’t really afford to be mediocre anymore.

And also, ARTPOP didn’t flop :saladga:

I know I know, ARTPOP was just late to arrive at the party :vegas:  but yeah... ngl he did have some bops that are guilty pleasures of mine :selena:  like the one with Bloodpop :selena:  and Eenie Meenie :selena:   we are going to pretend I didn't say that

End Racism Now

Economy

"Second week so far"

Aren't we less than 24h into album sales week tho? Or does it not start on Friday as well? :enigma:

13 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

It did better than ARTPOP. Let's not look like fools. Even my Mum had the Purpose CD

xoxo Craig
Just now, Rio said:

It did better than ARTPOP. Let's not look like fools. Even my Mum had the Purpose CD

We are talking about his latest record  :selena:  Purpose was his peak, of course that was gonna do better than ARTPOP

End Racism Now

Dr Fudge

I didn’t listen to changes and I don’t stan Justin, but honestly albums are so streamlined now that I would imagine most have drastic drops in their second week. He’s doing fine.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

LaLuna
18 minutes ago, malazam said:

Coldplay cancelled? Wtf

They're coming from one of the biggest tours in history, people would buy tickets anyway.

Crazy.

I know right? That shocked me more than the news about Bieber's poor ticket and albums sales. Coldplay used to be one of the biggest bands in the world... What happened? :omg:

EDIT: Apparently, they canceled because of "environmental concerns"... yeah right :ally:

AmericanxDream

Not GGD celebrating. He's still making millions every week so y'all need to shush. King continues to slay. :billie:

Archived