💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Art, Pop & Tech - Stupid Love

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

In response to comments regards A) the whole '#ShotOniPhone' deal, and B) the campiness of Stupid Love... 

This is all TOTALLY on brand and authentic for Gaga and her artistry.  

She was (and clearly still is) all about combining art, pop and tech. 

What could be more demonstrative of that than releasing an epic pop music video filmed on the most evolved and most advanced smartphone camera on the market? 

I think it's pretty genius, tbh, and really throws it back to her earlier mission statement. 

And remember,  Gaga has always been more DIY, too, and so filming an MV with an iPhone just feels so true to how she works. 

Gaga has never been about doing the 'obvious' or most 'glossy' thing - she always does something different, and something that's a little more unrefined when compared to the works of other artists like Taylor Swift, for example. 

I'm absolutely here for everything we've seen so far. 

She's back to doing what she does best - campy pop music with a bold message that's totally silly, but meaningful and moving at its core.

And to deliver that message through new technology is, imo, what makes it all so early GAGA :D 

(plus the campy acting, too... which is what - if you look back - Gaga has always served)

subtext / fantasy

Ultimecia

This needed to be said, thank you!

I can't fathom how it's possible for GAGA FANS to complain about something being CAMPY.

Time. It will not wait, no matter how hard you hold on...

OMonster
2 minutes ago, Ultimecia said:

I can't fathom how it's possible for GAGA FANS to complain about something being CAMPY.

I know, right?!

And the whole iPhone thing - it's literally the most throwback thing she could've done, tbh.

I think it really adds to the video and the creativeness of it all. It's a piece of ART that's been made in an unconventional way.

The iPhone just makes it all feel more intimate and more creative - it's more impressive if a blockbuster video has been made without blockbuster resources, you know? 

subtext / fantasy

6 minutes ago, Ultimecia said:

I know right gaga has always been campy  i dont know what they are complaining about 

22 minutes ago, Suuus said:

I know right gaga has always been campy  i dont know what they are complaining about 

Most complaints I see mostly seem like Gaga just isn't giving them what they want. People want certain visuals she's already served instead of letting her grow and change lol. You see members begging for TFM & BTW 2.0 all the time but when has Gaga served the same thing twice? :bye:

HeavyCapiLover

The more I watch the teas the more I like it. It's ful of 90s 2000s video games and anime references and that's really intersting, a very original concept.

OMonster
11 minutes ago, HeavyCapiLover said:

The more I watch the teas the more I like it. It's ful of 90s 2000s video games and anime references and that's really intersting, a very original concept.

Definitely. 

She's serving something totally different to previous eras, yet it still feels classic and familiar to what we love about  her. 

subtext / fantasy

Archived