Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

John Legend on Palestinian rights: 'It's a baseline human position'

Bambino

Featured Posts

Bambino

Singer John Legend has not been quiet about his support of the Palestinian people. And this week, he once again advocated for their human rights, saying: "Clearly it's wrong what is happening to the Palestinians, it's so obvious. Anyone who doesn't believe that is the case is being wilfully blind, I believe."

"John, you're one of the few celebrities – actual A-listers ... who has linked the fight for human rights, civil liberties, the fight against detention [and] mass incarceration here at home [in the US] to what's been going on in the occupied Palestinian territories," host Mehdi Hasan asked him. "How did you come to that position?"

"I just feel like that's a baseline human position," Legend replied. "There should not be a whole group of people in a county, because of their nationality or religion, being held in open-air prisons, denied freedom of movement and having their land annexed by settlers ... that's just a human position. [But] I'm not an expert in this area."

"You are one of the few very, very famous people to have spoken out about it," Hasan interjected. To which the singer replied: "I think, as someone who is observing what's going on, and saying 'This is right,' or 'This is wrong', clearly it's wrong what is happening to the Palestinians, it's so obvious."

https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/john-legend-speaks-on-palestinian-rights-it-s-a-baseline-human-position-1.981820

Didymus

It is truly scary how this is basic common sense and how somehow that still didn't help matters along for, like, decades :rip:

Archived