Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Wendy Williams Apologizes

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

NFRatwell
Just now, RenegAde said:

Do you watch her show?

I‘ve seen clips. I don’t need to listen to Eminem’s whole discography to know he writes insensitive lyrics, just like I don’t need to watch Wendy’s whole shows to know she spews hate. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde
Just now, NFRockwell said:

I‘ve seen clips. I don’t need to listen to Eminem’s whole discography to know he writes insensitive lyrics, just like I don’t need to watch Wendy’s whole shows to know she spews hate. 

If you watched her show you would know that her loyalty to the lgbtq community  is not in question 

OMonster
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

She wanted to make a point about how women nowadays are allowing men to appropriate feminine traits for entertainment purposes (drag, female fashion for men à la Billy Porter), which she considers to be problematic: she interprets it as women not standing up for themselves, and it being another form of males subjecting females to subordination :oprah:

Instead she said gay men need to stop wearing heels and that they'll never be the woman that she is, no matter how much of a f-g they are :messga:

Thanks for sharing this - and thanks to the other posters, too. 

I accept her apology. She's not part of the community directly, so maybe she'll never understand the art form of drag and different expressions of gender. 

I would imagine men 'appropriating' women maybe could be interpreted negatively without an inherent understanding of the intention and culture that underpins it all. 

subtext / fantasy

GypsyVida

She always goes by her motto "Say It Like You Mean It", so I'm surprised she even apologized. That means she truly means her apology and wants to do better. I accept her apology.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

38 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Apology not accepted 

Stay pressed then. If we cant learn to forgive then just do you. Just dont bring it here. 

Dominic
4 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

Stay pressed then. If we cant learn to forgive then just do you. Just dont bring it here. 

Stay woke then. If you can forgive transphobia and homophobia then just do you. Just dont bring it here. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

IllusionLover
50 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

James Charles apology tease :awkney:

Laura Lee was found dead :messga:

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

LibraOctober98

My appreciation of Wendy comes and goes nowadays, but hearing her say that yesterday was just so jarring. She used to say "come to my show dressed however you want, let your freak flag fly," so why she would say men shouldn't wear skirts or heels was very strange to me. Idc about cancel culture, but I havent listened to Wendy in some time and this only made my hesitation worse. She wouldnt have said it unless she believed it right? I can't imagine her being sorry for something she really believes, so this apology seems like a "I'm sorry YOU felt that way about what I said" kind of deal. I'm rambling, anyway maybe she'll get better and use her platform for..... something more positive lol doubt it

ltlmnstr

“I didn’t mean to offend”

She targeted a gay audience member with her statements. The clip shows this. It’s the guy in red the camera pans too. 

Didymus
29 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Stay woke then. If you can forgive transphobia and homophobia then just do you. Just dont bring it here. 

Transphobia and homophobia arise out of ignorance though. Ignorance is not really something you can "forgive", it's just something to correct, no? :oprah: 

I never got this trend of accusing people of simply not knowing better. I know these are sensitive issues but that doesn't change anything, really. People aren't to blame for not knowing better...

I know that may sound like I'm some lame pacifist but I think what many people forget is that when we stop "forgiving" and trying to educate others, we're just living in a bubble of our own making, talking to likeminded people and congratulating ourselves on our wisdom and progressiveness, while not making any meaningful impact in the world. It's exactly the people who don't agree with us that we need to be interacting with.

Her wording was terrible but I do think she thought what she said was empowering to women. That should be acknowledged imo before then correcting her other problematic statements. But making her out to be this villain who doesn't deserve our forgiveness achieves... I don't know, what does it achieve?

Archived