đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga is uninspired

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

SwissMonster

She literally said in 5F2 that she wanna be quote « An old Rockstar Lady » so I doubt that she is to uninspired to make music anymore.

I think there was just a lot happening those past years. JWT and it’s cancellation, ASIB, the whole award campaigne and Enigma. I think that’s why LG6 takes so long. But if it’s all this time needed to get a great album, so be it

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
15 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I mean, she's kind of hinted towards this herself. In the Oprah talk she literally said something like "yeah, I'll do music and movies but that's not my main goal anymore". And that's coming after a few years of her slowly distancing herself from her "pop star" image (for example saying she really wanted to be an actress and music was a plan B) too.

It's clear that something definitively cracked at the end of 2013. All of her statements, internal logic, and explanations of her work slowly changed since then. Even with Joanne she seemed more passionate about explaining the stories behind the music than to simply present the music as is. Not to mention that the whole era, to me, felt like a much needed rebranding and an artistic compromise to win back American hearts. She desperately wanted to show she was just a regular gal who we could relate to.

The Joanne Ball also seemed... idea-less and uninspired in the usual "Gaga" sense. It felt obligatory. With Enigma we got a theatrical sense of stage performing again but the core storyline of the whole show is in fact that her music career wasn't healthy and that she needed healing through stepping out of its matrix. That we all need healing this way. And that this healing of the world is her number one priority right now.

I don't know. Just vomiting out some thoughts. But yeah, we're definitely a long way from "I just want to make music".

I watched the Oprah talk and i don’t really think she said that. Also the Joanne World Tour is much better than Enigma whose storyline is all over the place.But i agree that JWT visuals didn’t make sense and were unrelated to the album concept. I also think Gaga always explained the meaning behind her songs and albums, it’s just that with Joanne she talked about more personal stuff. I think she just grew up and doesn’t see herself just as a popstar but also as a grown ass woman  :oops:

PunkTheFunk

I agree, she completely hates music now. Her transition to Avon Lady Gaga is almost complete.

Well only the album will tell. Thats how we evaluate but i honestly  have this feeling of her holding back. It just might help her do music for mass consumption lol, some things work in strange ways. 

But yeah gaga is a particular person as shes very sensible, she can be brilliant but she needs to be in the zone. This period screams stefanie in nyc doing whatnot to discover gaga. Its just that i feel she settled a bit too much on comfort.  

Shes been basically giving us very similar contents visually and music wise. But once a while she opens some new doors and i think shes smart enough to explore them. The thing is that it takes courage. I know she can do it, god i really root for her to let it out

kaelergrey
6 minutes ago, Felixorfelicia said:

Sorry but how dare you even say that? None of us even knows her, just bc she doesn’t have 1-2 years between albums anymore...? How is the drive not there when she gave us plenty things these last years. She’s a grown woman with stuff to do ya know

Always the assumptions...

Dont be angry. Im just voicing my opinion. I just feel it seeing her interviews even vids on youtube. I aint saying it in a bad way. If you read my post again. I said that maybe she isnt in the right headspace. 

As a musician myself, I know the feeling of not being in the right headspace. Chill. Heres a hug :kara:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

MelbHawker

I disagree, I think she's a naturally gifted when it comes to music so she's always in touch with what inspires her. I just wish we could hear her music/get content from her more frequently. 

Felixorfelicia
12 minutes ago, billygrey said:

Dont be angry. Im just voicing my opinion. I just feel it seeing her interviews even vids on youtube. I aint saying it in a bad way. If you read my post again. I said that maybe she isnt in the right headspace. 

As a musician myself, I know the feeling of not being in the right headspace. Chill. Heres a hug :kara:

I’m not angry. I’d understand your comments if she’d just released a really bad album or something. Bjt she didn’t at all. We shouldn’t assume anything about her, she’s still Lady Gaga..she’s still here u know. If we have to be more patient from now on then so be it 

Tease it to Jesus

Didymus
20 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I watched the Oprah talk and i don’t really think she said that.

"I want impact. I always did. I thought it was just through music at one point. I had some dreams of being an actress. And then it really was a spiritual awakening for me. I mean, I consider myself a spiritual, religious woman. I don't go to church every Sunday. But I do pray every day. I prayed, like, eight times before I came out here with you. I was, like, God, just tell me what to say. And the truth is that once I became  famous, I thought to myself, well, I can—I will, and I want to continue making music, I will and want to continue being in movies, but I want to help people. These people that come to my shows, I don't want to just take your money and sing for you. I want to help change your life. And I have all this life experience."

She doesn’t have to prove herself anymore. She can put her name on anything, like makeup, and it’ll sell. I don’t think she’s lazy at all, but I do think that today she relies on her name and her previous achievements, rather than her creativity.

Lord Temptation

She is definitely uninspired by the state of pop music. There is no-one out there that is making her think, “Wow. Wish I had thought of that”. The culture right now seems to celebrate those who look like they don’t care. Trying is uncool right now. Apathy and looking depressed is cool. Whispering, mumbling and barely-singing is cool.

ShayCristoforo

SHE HAS CHRONIC PAIN AND MENTAL TRAUMA. Does no one listen? ffs :bye:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

LilyLark

I feel like some of y'all are so used to Ariana popping out new music every six months that you forget Gaga's schedule is more normal. It's been nearly five years since Adele's last album & Lemonade and ANTI came out before Joanne. Gaga's released an album, a soundtrack, and filmed a whole as* movie in the past 3 1/2 years.

I mean, I could be proven wrong if LG6 sucks, but I don't think she's uninspired. I think she's just taking her time....people are expecting a lot from her this time around. And I do think there is probably some truth to the idea that she's really into acting, too. The fact that she took so long to announce her next project, and the type of project that the film will be, rather than signing on as a supporting character in something like Birds of Prey indicates she is giving her film career a lot of thought, imo.

As far as Enigma—it was never going to be some cutting edge, innovative show. Vegas residencies are almost always a "greatest hits" type of thing....It's fantastic for what it is, which is a showcase of her past, and that's resulted in very strong reviews. But I think people who wanted "innovation" were forgetting that Vegas residencies are basically...never innovative.

Also, as others pointed out—I feel like people forget that immune diseases can make one feel exhausted constantly....She's also 33, and not 23. It's not shocking she can't work at the same pace she did ten years ago.

she legit worked under pressure and her management forced her to break her own damn hip while touring and some of yall have the audacity to call her unispired. while she hasnt even talked about the new album. the only thing we saw is a leaked still. before stating that she doesnt give everything stop for a minute and wonder "do we deserve it"?

Spoiler

:enigma:

FameHookah

ARTPOP, the media and us killed any fire she had before 2014..

That era truly scarred her, its like something inside her just broke and she was never the same again, and no, enigma doesnt count, that things is like a parody of her old self.

WTF is MDNA

Archived