Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kesha found guilty of defamation, ordered to pay $370k to Dr. Luke

Spock

Featured Posts

Mirages
15 minutes ago, HighRoad said:

When did she confess to lying? She refused to recant and say she was lying as a chance to leave her contract. 

Well she said that Dr. Luke never made sexual advances at her if I remember correctly no? I mean I don't follow the case closely but from what I've seen she never presented evidence and said the aforementioned quote didn't she? Neither has he presented any evidence though.

10 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Did it ever cross your mind that kesha maybe did this out of fear 

Let's say she has. Who do we believe? I'm not saying I believe Dr. Luke or Kesha...but there's really nothing to go on by in this trial...No one has presented any evidence in which it would slate me to believe any of them.

Are you both telling me there isn't a chance that she might actually be lying? Again I'm not saying I believe him or her, but  are you 100% sure he did that and she isn't lying at all? Why? And what from? These are very serious allegations, it's a situation that is not easy to swallow if he did that, but neither is the idea that she lied and accused him wrongly.

I'm the bitch that's fragile

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mirages
6 minutes ago, HighRoad said:

True! And She has had substantial evidence but what hurt her case was a previous deposition tape for a previous case where she was forced by him to lie under oath. She claimed he threatened her & her mother, if she did not lie. She had also signed her whole life away years ago to him.

what substantial evidence? I've never heard of that....if so I recant my previous comments, but I have not seen any substential evidence.

6 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I have said this already many times in this thread: 2-8% of reported sexual assault cases are false.

Im not sure if that statistic also applies to the celebrity world (dont get me wrong, it could go either way)

But anyway, 2-8% is still high, if theres 10,000 convictions, you cant put up to 800 people in jail that dont deserve it just because the others are truthful.

When theres a murder, police dont just jump and arrest the first person someone accuses, they analyze the whole situation, make a ton of interviews, and check every inch of the crime scene, if they cant pinpoint it to someone, noone goes to jail. Theres no crime where a fair judicial system will put someone in prison based on an accusation alone.

Wether Kesha lied or not, only she knows, but unfortunately, maybe by mistake, she screwed up her own case.

Rape culture isnt going to get anywhere like this, we need a lot of reforms, we need to add different perspectives on education, we need to give tools to victims-to-be so if it happens, they can raise up, gather whatever evidence they can and come forward as soon as possible. 

gagaxsebert
16 minutes ago, Mirages said:

what substantial evidence? I've never heard of that....if so I recant my previous comments, but I have not seen any substential evidence.

There have been reports the morning after the assault of people around Kesha & on the phone of her not knowing how she ended up in L*ke’s room & her v*gina feeling sore.

There have also been notes for psychotherapy appointments Kesha had (in private) years before this case, Kesha saying to her psychotherapist that’s Luke was verbally abusive (leading to her eating disorder) & sexually assaulted her. She has said in these private appointments that Luke has threatened her and her mother to keep quiet (cause she was in a contract) 

Used to be HighRoad

Mirages
13 minutes ago, HighRoad said:

There have been reports the morning after the assault of people around Kesha & on the phone of her not knowing how she ended up in L*ke’s room & her v*gina feeling sore.

There have also been notes for psychotherapy appointments Kesha had (in private) years before this case, Kesha saying to her psychotherapist that’s Luke was verbally abusive (leading to her eating disorder) & sexually assaulted her. She has said in these private appointments that Luke has threatened her and her mother to keep quiet (cause she was in a contract) 

none of that is substantial...regarding rape according to the law the only thing that's substantial is the swap and a witness...it's all there's reports of this and that...

Meruk Holland
50 minutes ago, Adakam said:

Im not sure if that statistic also applies to the celebrity world (dont get me wrong, it could go either way)

But anyway, 2-8% is still high, if theres 10,000 convictions, you cant put up to 800 people in jail that dont deserve it just because the others are truthful.

When theres a murder, police dont just jump and arrest the first person someone accuses, they analyze the whole situation, make a ton of interviews, and check every inch of the crime scene, if they cant pinpoint it to someone, noone goes to jail. Theres no crime where a fair judicial system will put someone in prison based on an accusation alone.

Wether Kesha lied or not, only she knows, but unfortunately, maybe by mistake, she screwed up her own case.

Rape culture isnt going to get anywhere like this, we need a lot of reforms, we need to add different perspectives on education, we need to give tools to victims-to-be so if it happens, they can raise up, gather whatever evidence they can and come forward as soon as possible. 

Keep in mind, when a rape is reported, there less than a 1% chance (.7% if I correctly recall) that it'll end in conviction, less still that result in incarceration.

I can't correctly remember the forumlae, but if there are 1,000 reported cases of rape, roughly 50 of them will be fake and roughly 7 will be convicted. Keep in mind, that isn't 7 out of 50, that's 7 out of 1,000. The odds of one of those 7 convicted also being of the 50 reports that are fake are incredibly unlikely, especially since a fake report will be impossibly hard to prove (and as a result, get a conviction out of it). 

13 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Show what exactly, she is standing on her side... This shows anything... God ppl are so desesperate to prooves he raped her with public video ? You are the worst and thank god you are not a lawyer or judge !!!

Uh calm down and read, I said there's no way to know the truth, but the video clearly shows their relationship was not the best just by looking at her. 

SMILE2NE1

I don't get why Kesha claimed Gottwald raped Katy, and then Katy herself testified after that this was not true...

gagaxsebert
7 hours ago, SMILE2NE1 said:

I don't get why Kesha claimed Gottwald raped Katy, and then Katy herself testified after that this was not true...

Kesha heard this info from an industry insider (producer) & Kesha told Gaga through text. This was the defamation Kesha got charged for 

Used to be HighRoad

Adrenaliner
17 hours ago, Mirages said:

none of that is substantial...regarding rape according to the law the only thing that's substantial is the swap and a witness...it's all there's reports of this and that...

This

March34th
On 2/7/2020 at 11:04 AM, illySpencer said:

There is no legit proofs of what you said. But if you were there, please give your testimony to the court and help Kesha. Otherwise shut your mouth because this is defamation and it's punish by the law. You are outside the law here. 

i don't live in the United States and I'm an anonymous person online so good luck with your "you're outside the law" crap lmfao. Nothing I'm saying is defamation.

Also what I said that you claimed was "defamation" were the contents of court documents where Kesha explained what happened to her. I believe survivors because I was raped as a teenager and I know what it's like. Show some f*cking respect. Take a moment to step in her shoes and realize how f*cking whack the US Justice system is.

illySpencer
3 minutes ago, March34th said:

i don't live in the United States and I'm an anonymous person online so good luck with your "you're outside the law" crap lmfao. Nothing I'm saying is defamation.

Also what I said that you claimed was "defamation" were the contents of court documents where Kesha explained what happened to her. I believe survivors because I was raped as a teenager and I know what it's like. Show some f*cking respect. Take a moment to step in her shoes and realize how f*cking whack the US Justice system is.

I truly sorry about you, BUT we are not talking about you.

Plus there is a video of her saying Dr Luke didn't do anything to her. So stop now, she lied, she is punish, and of the story. 

March34th
22 hours ago, Economy said:

All of ur arguments only emphasise how crappy a situation it is for a victim but it doesn't change the fact that because false accusations do happen, it would be a very slippery slope in court to just assume one is guilty

I don't see how it being a small percentage makes any difference. Even if false accusations are only 2% of cases ur seriously suggesting we should assume someone is guilty without proof and throw them in jail????

As for ur argument about it being difficult to come forward that has nothing to do with the false accusations because those are real cases that involve real emotional trauma

That argument is not relevant in the cases of false allegations

What I'm saying is, the victim telling the truth the majority of the time shouldn't be enough in legal aspects. Certainly not to convict someone

Anyone that actually thinks that way I think is falling way too deep into media rehetoric

As for encouraging victims to come forward yes of course. Even if they can't prove it they should at least try... And to shrug them off and accuse them if being liars is also not fair

But any crime should be proven for any kind of conviction. I really don't see how big percentage or small has any relevance here... If even a few ppl go to jail for something they did not do, do u not think that's a few too many????

Also I'm highly generalizing now, this is not specifically on Kesha. Again I never once got the impression she was lying and I never accused her of it

Okay I understand where you're coming from now. These are valid points. I thought you were primarily focusing on the false allegations rather than trying to either take the middle ground or acknowledge how whacked the justice system is in regards to allegations and how people don't report because of how messy it can get or how they can easily be charged for defamation or other stuff for speaking up.

I agree that someone just saying "hey I was abused" isn't enough to stand on, but if you look past that and analyze the alleged incident there are many ways to collect evidence of it without explicitly proving it happened (if that makes any sense)

Like with Kesha's case, she claimed she was drugged at a party with Luke and he took her to a hotel room where they fell asleep together, and when she woke up her vagina hurt and he left. That's definitely a sketchy situation, plus with her evident trauma, in my own opinion - I think that's enough to charge him, he definitely was putting himself in a weird situation. I respect your opinion if you disagree though. I think I'm just very defensive on her behalf because I've had my own experiences similar to hers and am still processing my own experiences so I always tend to come to the defense of survivors.

Archived