• Last Reply
fede ARTPOP
On 2/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, _Scheisse said:

Shakira has had waaay more WW hits

They’re awful tho, and aint getting Grammys/Oscars:ally:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

5 hours ago, Adrenaliner said:

I thought Katys one was the most watched :wtfga:

Katy's the most watched on tv while Gaga is on all platforms. I don't know if she's already outviewed by thisbyear's sbhs. 

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

On 2/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, Didymus said:

I just don't get this place anymore. Madonna's a constant target for "she's too old to act like a stripper, her Holy Water songs are so ****ing embarrassing and try-hard" bashing here (which goes completely unchallenged), I've seen more than 100 comments describing Beyoncé as a performer who "does nothing more than shake her ass" but I'm now saying that JLO and Shakira's performance was uninteresting because they simply tried to be "sexy" and I'm being called a sexist? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone rn.

There's an obvious double standard here and I'm not liking it.

Why did you have to post to respond to other people who said things in other threads. I have never seen anything like the comments you mentioned on this site.  (No need to pull up threads, I don't want to see them)

These are adult women entertainers who like to be sexy for entertainment purposes. I don't see any problem with it. They have entire careers and fans who support their styles. Also, JLo was just in that movie Hustler, which obviously came into play during the half-time show.

There are women that don't want to use sexiness for entertainment. They will likely have a different fanbase than these 2, with different expectations for performances.

rasclautmangos
On 2/3/2020 at 4:27 PM, _Scheisse said:

Hasbeens lol

Shakira has had waaay more WW hits than Gaga in the last 7 years. Take a sit. 

Why did you have to drag Gaga into it?

alestevens
On 2/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, TheArcher said:

Shakira is big in Latin America, Europe and Middle East. But like all artists, she has weak markets: Asia, Oceanía and North America. 

And Oceania being a weak market is her own doing sadly. Laundry Service was HUGE there, she was poised to a great future there. But sadly she hasnt put her feet anywhere near Oceania since 2003 when some weirdo threw a cement bag at her :toofunny:

Archived