Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Lady Gaga kicked out of the Grammy Best New Artist category

YCHofficial

Featured Posts

YCHofficial

For the 2010 Grammys, Lady Gaga got kicked out of the Best New Artist category, because she was nominated for a Grammy in 2009. 

At the time, previous Grammy nominees couldnt be nominated for best new artist.

Because of this, the Recording Academy changed the eligibility requirements for the next ceremony.

episode-51-air-date-11232009-pictured-mu

lol and fraudulent Lizzo was able to compete for BNA despite having released like three albums and with almost two year old songs for SOTY/ROTY  :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

4 minutes ago, Spock said:

lol and fraudulent Lizzo was able to compete for BNA despite having released like three albums and with almost two year old songs SOTY/ROTY  :rip: 

Best New Artist should be renamed Best Breakthrough Artist, like what they do at the BRITS. Then it avoids squabbles as to who is 'new' and who isn't. Lizzo had a major breakthrough and should have been nominated but, yeah, she's not strictly 'new'.

IllusionLover
1 hour ago, Lazzarus said:

Better, she escaped the Best New Artist curse :laughga:

Well, I don't believe in that "curse" Alicia Keys and Dua Lipa won those awards and look at them now, Alicia is recognized worldwide and Dua is making hits with her new album. And probably Billie will still be famous for another couple of years

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Archived