💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Recording Academy Responds to Grammy Voting Allegations

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

littlepotter

Oh no, some rich people are altering the votes of other rich people :((((((((((((((( get over it 

chaeri pls

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

Of course they‘re denying it lmao If they admitted it, they would be over for real

Musery

Gagaloo911

The fact Gaga not attending this year actually turned out for the better and to the relief of us :huntyga:

Gaga truly is ahead of her time

GAGAVAGINA
5 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

The fact Gaga not attending this year actually turned out for the better and to the relief of us :huntyga:

Gaga truly is ahead of her time

She would have been dragged... Ariana deserves all the backlash 

derpmonster

Looks like the Gaga curse hit 8 years too late. :vegas: better late than never.

OT: they could've used this opportunity to make a meaningful statement about holding the Board accountable and making sure the Academy's votes were upheld but they got fully defensive. Choices. :vegas:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
1 hour ago, Lion Heart said:

I still don't get how Lil Nas X gets 6 or whatever Grammy nominations based on ONE song. 

I mean that song was HUGE :rip: it broke record after record and had double the points of #2. We like to ignore it but it was a force to be reckoned. And he's also eligible for many categories because of the genre of the song. So. If anything, Nas isn't the one in whose favor they fudged things up. There are many others

nenhures
9 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I mean that song was HUGE :rip: it broke record after record and had double the points of #2. We like to ignore it but it was a force to be reckoned. And he's also eligible for many categories because of the genre of the song. So. If anything, Nas isn't the one in whose favor they fudged things up. There are many others

I'm fine with the rest but the one nom that bothered me was AOTY, tbh.

I actually quite enjoyed OTR (hell, even Panini despite it being so juvenile) and Lil Nas has shown himself not to be shy about pushing genre boundaries which is definitely always exciting to see in the mainstream.

It's also clear that he's made an impact in pop culture in a very short amount of time. That said, his album was not, imo, worthy of that AOTY nom and I'm still genuinely baffled they voted it in and trying to rationalize what about it screamed Album of the Year.

derpmonster
11 minutes ago, nenhures said:

I'm fine with the rest but the one nom that bothered me was AOTY, tbh.

I actually quite enjoyed OTR (hell, even Panini despite it being so juvenile) and Lil Nas has shown himself not to be shy about pushing genre boundaries which is definitely always exciting to see in the mainstream.

It's also clear that he's made an impact in pop culture in a very short amount of time. That said, his album was not, imo, worthy of that AOTY nom and I'm still genuinely baffled they voted it in and trying to rationalize what about it screamed Album of the Year.

Yeah I think AOTY didn't make sense since the album itself didn't do that well but I think it was a case of throwing a nod, an honorable mention just by giving him a nomination. There's no way he's winning that one. Eyelash has got it on lock pretty much.

Ryusei

Ok dude.... can we get some sort of mechanism where you cant just go posting unapproved when you‘re a total newbie? There is a reason why other forums do it.

Musery

Ryusei
36 minutes ago, GAGAVAGINA said:

She would have been dragged... Ariana deserves all the backlash 

What? Are you hearing yourself? 
first of all: who would drag gaga for attending the still biggest music awards show? Not me, cause Gaga didnt do anything wrong and is nominated. She probably has other commitments that day. 
And why would ariana deserve backlash when she literally got robbed of a nomination lmao stop dragging other pop girls down because youre not into them. 

Musery

nenhures
11 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Yeah I think AOTY didn't make sense since the album itself didn't do that well but I think it was a case of throwing a nod, an honorable mention just by giving him a nomination. There's no way he's winning that one. Eyelash has got it on lock pretty much.

Let's just, uh, ignore what we just witnessed with our own eyes.

Anyway, yeah that's true. Makes a lot of sense that they gave the nom as a nod. The album itself might not have been AOTY worthy but the circumstances around it made it impactful in some way.

Also agree that Billie probably has it's on lock, although I'd say Lana is more deserving but I don't personally see her taking it.

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, nenhures said:

Let's just, uh, ignore what we just witnessed with our own eyes.

What a great day to be a lesbian on GGD :vegas:

GAGAVAGINA
13 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

What? Are you hearing yourself? 
first of all: who would drag gaga for attending the still biggest music awards show? Not me, cause Gaga didnt do anything wrong and is nominated. She probably has other commitments that day. 
And why would ariana deserve backlash when she literally got robbed of a nomination lmao stop dragging other pop girls down because youre not into them. 

Because of the sexual abuses.. Look what happened with r kelly

Also ariana dragged the grammy last year and acted offended but now she is fine with them.. She always plays the victim 

StrawberryBlond

Of course they'd deny it but they're not actually properly defending themselves. It's just their word against this board member's. It's not so much the upcoming nominations/wins that we'll have to analyse, it'll be next years, to see if there's any "corrections." Remember the previous year, there was so much heat over the lack of female winners? Last year's ceremony had a lot more. And the likes of Gaga got a surprise win for an old song, in some sort of "corrective" measure to apologise for missing out last time. They're so predictable.

12 hours ago, Adarsh said:

People are dragging Ariana on twitter. She made such a big fuss about them last year when she didn’t get her way but now she’s refusing to speak up.  

It tells you a lot about an artist when they do that. They're all too happy to speak up when the issue's directly affecting them but suspiciously silent when it's not involving them.

11 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I love Ari but I completely agree with this. :rip:

Its like when Nicki and Ed complained about not getting any awards and nominations and then they get one...

I remember hearing that the reason Ed didn't attend the 2018 ceremony was because he didn't think he had enough nominations to warrant going. Yet he ended up winning both. That's why I think the academy has really pulled back on him ever since because giving the award to someone who wasn't even there not once but twice looked really bad. Especially considering that his wins outraged so many people when more deserving ones missed out despite having music that was better received by critics. It shows we have a long way to go when the lone male with mixed reception will still win over all the other better received women in the same category. That's why the rep's claim that "women need to step up more" in response to sexism allegations really stung.

Archived