💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Harry and Meghan threaten legal action over Canada paparazzi shots

Featured Posts

The Sussexes say paparazzi photographers are permanently camped outside their Vancouver Island home with long lenses.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have issued a warning over continued harassment by paparazzi photographers as they start their new life in Canada out of the spotlight.

It comes after images of Meghan were published in the media showing her taking a stroll through a public park on Vancouver Island.

The duchess can be seen smiling as she walks along with Archie and her two dogs.

23672448-7910917-image-a-6_157960085927523653540-7909443-She_smiled_strolling_th23654374-7909443-Two_Royal_Protection_Of23653542-7910917-The_Duchess_of_Sussex_h23653510-7909443-image-a-33_157955895774

Lawyers for the couple claim these were taken without her consent - and that the photographer was hiding in the bushes and spying on her.

They also claim there were previous attempts to photograph them inside their home using long range lenses and that paparazzi were permanently camped outside their home.

This comes days after Harry and Meghan agreed a deal to step away from the Royal Family.

In a speech at a dinner for supporters of his Sentebale charity, the prince said the decision was made as they wanted to lead a more "peaceful life".

"The decision that I have made for my wife and I to step back, is not one I made lightly. It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges.

"And I know I haven't always gotten it right, but as far as this goes, there really was no other option."

Harry and Meghan's lawyers also highlighted serious safety concerns about how the paparazzi had been driving in Canada.

Prince Harry's mum, Diana, died on 31 August 1997 after the car she was in crashed into a concrete pillar in a Paris tunnel, whilst trying to flee paparazzi photographers.

Harry referenced this in his speech on Sunday, adding: "When I lost my mum 23 years ago, you took me under your wing. You've looked out for me for so long, but the media is a powerful force, and my hope is one day our collective support for each other can be more powerful because this is so much bigger than just us."

Sky's royal correspondent Rhiannon Mills said: "We've heard statements previously but this is the first time in his words that he's told an audience how he's feeling.

"He is reiterating the fact that Harry and Meghan have wanted this new kind of life partly because of the intense scrutiny that they feel they faced from the press here in the UK but also around the world.

"After all we also heard from the Queen how she recognised that intense scrutiny that they've faced when it came to coming up with that deal to allow them to live that more independent life."

source: https://news.sky.com/story/harry-and-meghan-threaten-legal-action-over-canada-paparazzi-shots-11914112

********************************************************************************************************

So much for privacy :fail: 

At least in the UK there were no paps shot. These two are incredible 

thatfoxyfeeling

She clearly has bodyguards and it looks like she is posing for the photographer? :oprah: 

i don’t even know the situation too well but clearly they just wanna be out of the spotlight. that should be respected regardless of how much money they’re gonna make photographers or tabloid companies. they are PEOPLE after all ffs. let’s just move on from them lmaooo

Economy
1 minute ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

She clearly has bodyguards and it looks like she is posing for the photographer? :oprah: 

Paris Hilton: I hate paparazzis

Her career: literally was literally living off paparazzis

Megan: f paparazzis

Her career: eventually wants to go back to acting, they said they want to be financially independent realizes she needs exposure to help and low key likes the paparazzi even tho at the same time she doesn't :messga:

SharkmanthaC

If you are in public, you can be photographed (at least in the US). My husband is a photojournalist, and if you are in a public space (park, store, etc) you can be filmed/photograph.  It is a courtesy to not if someone requests it.  I'm not sure what the laws are in Canada and how much legal grounds they'd have.

I mean this is how paparazzis get away with doing what they do.

she/her/hers

Economy
Just now, SamanthaC said:

If you are in public, you can be photographed (at least in the US). My husband is a photojournalist, and if you are in a public space (park, store, etc) you can be filmed/photograph.  It is a courtesy to not if someone requests it.  I'm not sure what the laws are in Canada and how much legal grounds they'd have.

I think it's the same tbh

Celebrities when they hate being photographed they can never do anything legaly about it here either unless there was trespassing (private property)

10 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

So much for privacy :fail: 

At least in the UK there were no paps shot. These two are incredible 

So you’re blaming them for what paparazzi did and what they’re always doing? :oprah: 

These are taken with long range lenses, looking in same direction does not mean posing. 

She looks happy, maybe that’s the reason for criticism now. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Economy said:

realizes she needs exposure to help and low key likes the paparazzi even tho at the same time she doesn't :messga:

They’re suing them. That means there was no consent. 

FreePalestine

Economy
Just now, lego said:

So you’re blaming them for what paparazzi did and what they’re are always doing? :oprah: 

These are taken with long range lenses, looking in same direction does not mean posing. 

She looks happy, maybe that’s the reason for criticism now. 🙄

They’re suing them. That means there was no consent. 

Anyway regardless I don't think this is going anywhere

Paparazzis don't ask for consent... Ever... It's how their business works

I think to have any chance of winning a legal lawsuit they will have to prove extreme harassment probably

I don't know all the details of the law in this stuff but i do know paparazzis aren't generally prosecuted for taking pics nor do they ask for any permission

Just now, Economy said:

Anyway regardless I don't think this is going anywhere

Paparazzis don't ask for consent... Ever... It's how their business works

I think to have any chance of winning a legal lawsuit they will have to prove extreme harassment probably

I don't know all the details of the law in this stuff but i do know paparazzis aren't generally prosecuted for taking pics nor do they ask for any permission

I know, that doesn’t mean that the celebs always tip them off.

They do hide in bushes and take pics with long range lenses. They took pics of topless Kate on a balcony and royals managed to remove almost all pics from the internet. No one blamed her and William back then and no one called her trashy. 

FreePalestine

23 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I mean this is how paparazzis get away with doing what they do.

It’s quite sad that you can’t tell someone not to take your picture or record you. It’s almost as if you don’t have the right to your own likeliness.

SharkmanthaC
40 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

It’s quite sad that you can’t tell someone not to take your picture or record you. It’s almost as if you don’t have the right to your own likeliness.

I agree with this.  My husband usually doesn't if someone requests it. But I don't think paparazzis would make money if they did the same.

she/her/hers

Archived