đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Roddy Ricch Beats Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez With N1 Spot

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, Candy Gaga said:

Can't wait for this trashy era of irrelevant ignorant 1 hit wonder rappers to pass and we get back to normal quality music. Gaga come save us

Gaga? Yes we'll will have a great song this fandom likes but the last pop offering from Gaga that wasn't a power ballad only went to number 15 on the charts. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

BARCODE

Maybe Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are threatened because it means you actually have to release a better song to get a #1.

Sorry, that kid Roddy made a bop. He deserves it. 

That soulless try hard to be sad slow pop isn't hitting anybody's soul the way hip hop is right now. 

If you want the #1 spot then make something people actually want to hear on repeat. That's why honestly streams are more fair than sales. 

10 Million can buy a song because it's a song they liked for a week and then a week they never listen to it again. 

Streaming actually counts how much people are actually listening and turning on something. 

Low key I feel like alot of artists saying they dont care about the charts are ironically more dishonest. They'll be the first to celebrate a #1 if they get it.

I think for a long time people thought, "well if someone is buying the single, they must like it that much". 

But...there are alot of poor people who couldn't afford buying 30 singles a month in 2006. Didnt mean those kids didnt like a song or album as much as the kid that had an ipod and could buy it. 

Streaming still isn't perfect, but it's a lot closer at showing what EVERYONE despite income, race, sexuality, religion ect are actually enjoying. 

Probably a big reason hip hop has become bigger. Music that POC made is not only more accounted for, because of that, it's more exposed to even the privileged kids.

So yeah....maybe we just assumed pop was the biggest genre for a long time but it really wasnt. And maybe pop artists should make music that is more accessible to everyone and not just whatever privileged ass sad "my boyfriend dumped me" problems ass music they have released. 

Things are just evolving again. 

Luckily I think Gaga can exist in this spectrum. She both has avoided too much appropriation (not entirely, but more than most white pop stars), but she also has made one of her main aspects being inclusive and different. That's why hip hop respects her. (The past 2 or 3 years everytime I hear Gaga referenced in a rap song, female, Male, latino rap, experimental rap...its always pretty much referenced how boss she is. 

Archived