💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
book

"The 120 Days of Sodom" by Marquis de Sade

Bubblegum Bitch

Featured Posts

Bubblegum Bitch

Marquis_de_Sade_-_The_120_Days_of_Sodom.

As I have said in my topic "Ejaculation always the same", I decided to read "The 120 Days of Sodom" by Marquis de Sade. The book, from which the lines for "The Next Day Poem" were taken. It took me 4,5 days to read it, but not because of things that described there, but just because I was kind of lazy.

First, the book shocked me. Before this one, I was most shocked by Stephen King's "Misery": Mr. King perfectly described how evil some people can be. But then I came to Marquise de Sad. Fun fact: the term "sadism" has its origin in the name of de Sad. 

The book includes 150 stories of the simple passions and the same number of the complex, the criminal and the murderous passions. At the beginning, I thought that de Sad won't give me something more disgusting than stories about sexual experiences with urination and defecation, but I changed my mind when I came to the third and the fourth parts. Those things he described in last two parts – I can't say they were disgusting, but they definitely were terrifying.

However, I found some pretty interesting thoughts in this book. Here they are:

1) "It is the pleasure of comparison, a pleasure which can only be born of the sight of wretched persons, and here one sees none at all. It is from the sight of him who does not in the least enjoy what I enjoy, and who suffers, that comes the charm of being able to say to oneself: 'I am therefore happier than he.' Wherever men may be found equal, and where these differences do not exist, happiness shall never exist either". 

2) "... libertinage, by keeping the citizens busy, kept them clear of cabals and plots and revolutions".

3) "... but, you know, when an entire society commits the same faults, they are commonly pardoned".

4) "... this thing, however frightful you wish to imagine it, ceases to be horrible for you immediately it acquires the power to make you discharge...".

There're some film adaptations of this book, but I guess, the most famous one is Italian movie "Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom" by Pasolini. I watched it, and I should warn you: think twice before you watch it

I've read it some months ago 

And I was shocked :messga:

That man was a great writer and I wonder if his mental health was okay :poot:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Bubblegum Bitch
3 minutes ago, Enzo said:

That man was a great writer and I wonder if his mental health was okay :poot:

"...  following allegations that he had tried to seduce young fellow prisoners there, in the harsh Bicêtre Asylum. After intervention by his family, he was declared insane in 1803 and transferred once more to the Charenton Asylum."

:selena:

freemymindARTPOP

this is so ARTPOP im living

I need to read that one day, don't know if I will make it through it if its so disgusting:sick:

Bubblegum Bitch
2 minutes ago, freemymindARTPOP said:

this is so ARTPOP im living

:what:

Honestly, I thought: what if Gaga found inspiration for her Swine performance on SXSW Festival in this book?

imnotyourbabe10

Need to read this!

Have seen the film “Salo: 120 Days of Sodom”. Really tough to watch it recommend it. 

The movie , “Quills” is a great film. I believe it is about him, too.

11 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

"...  following allegations that he had tried to seduce young fellow prisoners there, in the harsh Bicêtre Asylum. After intervention by his family, he was declared insane in 1803 and transferred once more to the Charenton Asylum."

:selena:

Well

He's canceled 

Never started tho :bye:

:teehee:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

freemymindARTPOP
15 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

:what:

Honestly, I thought: what if Gaga found inspiration for her Swine performance on SXSW Festival in this book?

why the :what::what:

shookETH I love that performance:pray:I think it was about how she felt disgusting and how the person who r*ped her was "vomiting" on her:huntyga: also "paint her face and" at the end of swine:huntyga:

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, freemymindARTPOP said:

why the :what::what:

shookETH I love that performance:pray:I think it was about how she felt disgusting and how the person who r*ped her was "vomiting" on her:huntyga: also "paint her face and" at the end of swine:huntyga:

As I remember, she said that the purpose of this performance was to show that nobody can offence her more than herself.

freemymindARTPOP
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

As I remember, she said that the purpose of this performance was to show that nobody can offence her more than herself.

I'll look it up:reductive::ladyhaha:

also why u dodge me question luv:ladyhaha:

freemymindARTPOP
3 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

da98d2e6ca361bd99f2d8db0450eb10a.gif

tea smh GIFI cant with you:ladyhaha: why is it bad that this is ARTPOP:oprah:I LOVE ARTPOP:selena:

JazzGa

Thanks for reporting from the front lines! Those are definitely interesting quotes to think about. Do you think that the book is a collection of fictional stories, exaggerations of real-life events, or fairly accurate depictions of things the Marquis actually did? 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Bubblegum Bitch
8 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

Thanks for reporting from the front lines! Those are definitely interesting quotes to think about. Do you think that the book is a collection of fictional stories, exaggerations of real-life events, or fairly accurate depictions of things the Marquis actually did? 

Oh, that's interesting question, actually. I think, some of these stories might be real or exaggerated, but most of them are fictional. Imagine, if the story about man who tied two pregnant women (usually mother and daughter) together and dropped a heavy stone on them is real. 

Maybe, that's what he would like to do with other boys and girls. These stories can mean anything.

Archived