event

92nd Academy Awards Nomininations

Gypsy

Featured Posts

Queen Bitch
1 minute ago, Thomas P said:

Take that back right now

Say sike

Did they really have to give it a nom for best international feauture film and best picture? 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry but Once upon a hollywood deserves maybe only cinematography but definitely not original screenplay. It was a snoozefest.

I understand that it must be good for people who study films and are fanatics but for everyday people I just think it was such a disaster nothing happens until the end but then again it's very easy to guess what's going to happen and not entertaining at all. The main purpose of a movie is to entertain and provoke emotions in an audience. I don't care if it's Tarantino or a rookie, that movie doesn't deserve a lot of Oscars

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, August3 said:

Did they really have to give it a nom for best international feauture film and best picture? 

It is both of those things so I think yes

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Omgggg just got to class but I’ll go through them all later!!! ScarJo getting both actress noms :bradley:

Cssomeone
2 hours ago, BenG said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Awkwafina was not outstanding in The Farewell?

Yes :kiss:

nodandsmile

Lupita left out as expected  :bradley:  a shame! 

Saoirse and Driver will someday win, I can feel it. Maybe not winning early is a good thing, when finally do, they will be considered undeniable!

Reality
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

It's a great movie, and if this were last year where there weren’t nearly as many amazing films, I would be rooting for it like crazy. I want Joaquin to win, but in terms of direction, there were movies out there that were simply directed better. 

I can sort of agree with that. 2019 was a great year for film in my opinion, and while I want Joker to win a lot of awards, admittedly, it’s only one of a lot of great movies. I mean, Parasite, Marriage Story, and JoJo Rabbit are also great films and they have a good number of nominations as well. 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 hour ago, August3 said:

That's not my problem with it. It's just not that great. A movie doesn't become good, just because it has a deeper meaning. 

True, but I think the execution of this particular movie’s message was very well done. Also, even if you didn’t like the film that much, I think credit needs to be given for its powerful message. 

🃏🖤👹

Thomas P
Just now, M Monstre said:

I can sort of agree with that. 2019 was a great year for film in my opinion, and while I want Joker to win a lot of awards, admittedly, it’s only one of a lot of great movies. I mean, Parasite, Marriage Story, and JoJo Rabbit are also great films and they have a good number of nominations as well. 

You can bet on Joaquin winning, and I see Joker winning score (which it DESERVES), editing, and potentially one more below the line category (though not makeup cause Bombshell is clearly winning that).

Joker is a solid 8.5/10 for me, so I’m not mad whatsoever at the love it received, but some movies this year are in the 11/10 range, and I’m rooting for them over it 

Reality
3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

You can bet on Joaquin winning, and I see Joker winning score (which it DESERVES), editing, and potentially one more below the line category (though not makeup cause Bombshell is clearly winning that).

Joker is a solid 8.5/10 for me, so I’m not mad whatsoever at the love it received, but some movies this year are in the 11/10 range, and I’m rooting for them over it 

I think realistically it’ll only win actor and score. That’s completely fine with me though since I think those are the strongest parts of the movie. I want Parasite to win editing, though. That film is so good! 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
1 minute ago, Ally Campana said:

Imma have to start watching Parasite and Marriage Story.

They’re both very good! 1000% worth the watch! 

🃏🖤👹

Thomas P
2 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

Imma have to start watching Parasite and Marriage Story.

Both are some of my favourites of the decade. Parasite is unlike anything I’ve ever seen, and Marriage Story is a showcase in acting and writing 

Archived