💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Janelle Monáe - Make Me Feel

COOOK

Featured Posts

Pennywise

This song is IT. Like, she's really that bitch, and deserved AOTY in 2018.angry janelle monae GIF by Music Choice

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

This song is such a curiosity to me. It’s the only song on the record that doesn’t have Nate Wonder or Chuck Lightning on the credits at all. Wonder are basically her looooongtime collaborators. Every other song on the album is touched by then in some way and they’re EP’s on the album. Had a hand everywhere but Make Me Feel. It’s also a curiosity because Make Me Feel while it fits in the album, it is *definitely* a song that stands out rather than fits into the sound vs you have, say, Take a Byte and Screwed which are so obviously a part of the same album. It’s just interesting like was Janelle really shooting for a hit song here? Just interesting to me (also it’s amazing lol).

it is a great song indeed, but I like PYNK and Django Jane more :diane:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

ZiggyZiggs
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

This song is such a curiosity to me. It’s the only song on the record that doesn’t have Nate Wonder or Chuck Lightning on the credits at all. Wonder are basically her looooongtime collaborators. Every other song on the album is touched by then in some way and they’re EP’s on the album. Had a hand everywhere but Make Me Feel. It’s also a curiosity because Make Me Feel while it fits in the album, it is *definitely* a song that stands out rather than fits into the sound vs you have, say, Take a Byte and Screwed which are so obviously a part of the same album. It’s just interesting like was Janelle really shooting for a hit song here? Just interesting to me (also it’s amazing lol).

i think she tried working with other writers, producers and this is the only one that made it onto the album cuz its just a banger and the perfect lead single

Lilmonzter

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwqSZveo2dVarsBHZ5y3E

One of my favourite songs from dirty computer that captures that prince like vibes.

Sing C'est la vie 

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, Stephen said:

This legendary performance :legend:

Gaga dancing along:

2 queens we NEED the collab.

Lady-Gaga-Dancing-2019-Grammy-Awards-Vid

I came to post this! I loved Gaga's reaction so much.

she/her/hers

Thomas P

I love this song so much I can’t even begin to explain it

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

4 hours ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

i think she tried working with other writers, producers and this is the only one that made it onto the album cuz its just a banger and the perfect lead single

Highly possible! It definitely is the perfect lead single. My thought was more like, "was working on the album and thought 'I want to make a real banger lead single' so she recruited some of the BEST to do that (Julia Michaels, Justin Trantor, Mattman & Roberts, etc.)." I only say she is looking for a hit because she did the same thing with Electric Lady. She herself said she was aiming for radio impact with that album and didn't quite get it even with a song like Dance Apocalyptic.. No shame in wanting that, she absolutely DESERVES a hit, and the ambition seems pretty in-line with her as a fairly shrewd and laser-focused sort of artist. It's just intriguing. I'd also say the *actual* Prince contributions to the beats definitely make it distinctive in the track list. I find the album creation process super interesting especially with a collective like Wondaland.

ZiggyZiggs
21 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Highly possible! It definitely is the perfect lead single. My thought was more like, "was working on the album and thought 'I want to make a real banger lead single' so she recruited some of the BEST to do that (Julia Michaels, Justin Trantor, Mattman & Roberts, etc.)." I only say she is looking for a hit because she did the same thing with Electric Lady. She herself said she was aiming for radio impact with that album and didn't quite get it even with a song like Dance Apocalyptic.. No shame in wanting that, she absolutely DESERVES a hit, and the ambition seems pretty in-line with her as a fairly shrewd and laser-focused sort of artist. It's just intriguing. I'd also say the *actual* Prince contributions to the beats definitely make it distinctive in the track list. I find the album creation process super interesting especially with a collective like Wondaland.

i honestly dont get how even after a decade she's not getting No.1 singles and albums cuz the creativity and talent is there, amazing visuals, bangers that could slay radio, label push even, are the GP on drugs? like why isn't she the No.1 artist in the world rn a la ariana, billie etc

its a case for the FBI, i can thelp but feel a certain way cuz she's a dark skinned black woman, and dark skinned black women are really not treated that well by the world. just a thought.

this makes me feel 

like a collab with Mrs J is like the best collab Gaga could do. Over the top* and yet still underground. 

hello hello baby.

32 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

i honestly dont get how even after a decade she's not getting No.1 singles and albums cuz the creativity and talent is there, amazing visuals, bangers that could slay radio, label push even, are the GP on drugs? like why isn't she the No.1 artist in the world rn a la ariana, billie etc

its a case for the FBI, i can thelp but feel a certain way cuz she's a dark skinned black woman, and dark skinned black women are really not treated that well by the world. just a thought.

It’s absolutely that she’s a queer, black person. The industry does NOT market that which is why she founded Wondaland (which is amazing so good for her). Even her random performances like on Colbert are amazing and super well-shot. I really feel like it’s racism against her blackness that has held her back because she’s easily the hardest working out there.

I was honestly baffled that Make Me Feel only went to the bottom of the Hot 100. Dance Apocalyptic makes a little sense since it’s a fine song but not a smash, but Make Me Feel is really all that and a bag of chips. I feel like she’s never gotten a lot of radio support either even though I imagine her streaming has to be high.

Archived