đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Seeka Reviews: Catherine Fullbody

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

When the night sky fills with glamour, a lovely story awaits you!

Hello there. It's me, the MIdnight Uranus, Kesea.

Have you ever thought of playing such a.... heterosexual game like Catherine; Full Body? Do you just play good games, no matter how they reflect upon you?  Have you wanted to know more about this mysterious game, filled with three women vying for the affections of one man who can't seem to get a hold of anything in his life?

Do I have information for you!

Alright now that the schtick is over with, let me get to the actual information.

Catherine Full Body is a continuation of the game Catherine, released for the PS3 years ago. It is a remake, but a lot has been changed. So much so, I'd almost consider Catherine: Full Body an entirely different game.

Actually it probably is.

The stages, where you climb cubes to get to the top, are easier this time around, and even comes with a "Safety Mode" for people who feel stressed by the blocks and boss monsters. While there is a "remixed" mode which includes larger blocks, it doesn't offer much of a challenge in comparison to the original game.

But let's talk about the major changes.

The newest addition to the game is the lovely, bubbly, perky Rin, aka Qatherine.

latest?cb=20171223021026

She was not in the original game, for those not in the know, and acts as Vincent's third love interest. 

After being saved by Vincent, it is revealed she has amnesia, and proceeds to work at the Stray Sheep as its pianist.

However, every night, she appears in Vincent's ongoing nightmares, cheering him and other sheep on, and using the magical powers of her piano to slow down the crumbling of the stage.

So here is where everything starts to change.

Despite all the scenes being rerecorded, everything dealing with Qatherine feels hamfisted, crammed in, like there was no room for her, so they just tacked all her stuff at the end of scenes. Her addition at the "landings" where you rest between stages also changes the feeling of the game. Where, in the original, the landings had creepy music and hopeless sheep, now she plays happy music to uplift the sheep. While it doesn't change the area, the atmosphere of the landings are certainly different.

This change also sweeps into the entire game. What was once a game about a man having to make important life choices with way more elements of horror, almost has a zany anime sitcom feel now.

Catherine gets additional cutscenes, where she personally tends to Vincent. These are more funny than sexual and some are almost embarrassing and painful to watch. Catherine herself seems to have changed as well. in the original game, she was more sensual, the first picture she sends you being just a teasing picture of her lips.

In this game the first picture she sends you is her breasts with "Dear Vincent" written in pink cake frosting over them.

latest?cb=20110801160904vs.latest?cb=20190214101945

So where Catherine came off as sensual in the first game, shenow comes off as a raunchy fetish beast. Which makes sense, but still. The change is noticeable. 

The game also tries to make Katherine more sympathetic, but giving you flashbacks and receiving more pictures of her than originally.

There are many more animated cutscenes in this game but...

They all are of mediocre quality. You can very easily tell the difference between an anime cutscene from the original and an anime cutscene from Full Body. Especially when the scene features Catherine.

While the entire game isn't different, anyone who complained abut this being the same game has not played it. Catherine: Full Body has such sweeping changes, I consider it different from the original. 

If you wanted to play Catherine, but easier, with more zaniness, get Full Body, But if you liked the original, and don't mind missing out on the extra love interest, who makes you wonder "How did Vincent ever survive without Rin in his life?", just play the original copy you have.

((Sorry this review is shoddy, I didn't have time to prepare it beforehand.))

Archived