💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gold Derby on Gaga's Grammy Chances

Stephen

Featured Posts

Stephen

The Grammy's are on January 26th! :gayhat: 

I found a few blurbs from 3 different Gold Derby articles that mentions Gaga's chances for winning - 

[Taylor Swift] is currently in third place in our early Song of the Year odds, trailing Lizzo‘s “Truth Hurts” (four writers) and Billie Eilish‘s “Bad Guy” (two writers). In fourth is Lady Gaga‘s “Always Remember Us This Way (four writers), followed by Lewis Capaldi‘s “Someone You Loved” (five writers), H.E.R.‘s “Hard Place” (five writers), Lana Del Rey‘s “Norman F—ing Rockwell” (two writers) and Tanya Tucker‘s “Bring My Flowers Now” (four writers). (x)

Lady Gaga’s starring role as an up-and-coming musician in “A Star is Born” brought her her first major recognition for her acting on the big screen, and she also co-wrote the soundtrack, including the centerpiece ballad “Shallow,” her duet with Bradley Cooper that won her Grammys for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Visual Media Song... But even though “Shallow” won Grammys last year, the rest of the “Star is Born” soundtrack wasn’t released until just after the September 30, 2018 eligibility cutoff, which is why it’s now going head-to-head against “Rocketman” at this year’s awards. And Lady Gaga is a Grammy darling with 9 wins out of 27 nominations thus far. This year she’s also up for Song of the Year (“Always Remember Us This Way”) and Best Visual Media Song (“I’ll Never Love Again”), both for her music from “A Star is Born,” which indicates that the album will be tough to beat as the year’s best compilation. (x)

The pop field presents [Beyonce's] biggest challenge because in both of her categories she’s up against artists with nominations in the top four general field races, including Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande and Lizzo... Beyonce has a better shot for Best Visual Media Song, where she ranks a close second with 39/10 odds, trailing Lady Gaga‘s “I’ll Never Love Again” from “A Star is Born.” Gaga won that prize last year for “Shallow” from the same movie, and this year she’s also up for Song of the Year, but for yet another “Star is Born” song, “Always Remember Us This Way.” (x)

TL;DR - Predicting Gaga will lose Song of the Year but could win for both Compilation Soundtrack and Song for Visual Media (INLA).

lady-gaga.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok... So i guess she will win Song of the Year but will lose both Compilation Soundtrack and Song for Visual Media 😜

Modern Ecstasy2

Still getting nominations for ASIB :bradley:

We stan a legend :bradley:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Zander

If she wins one more Grammy it'd be a nice way to close off ASIB chapter, if she doesn't win any it's not really a big deal either as she already won 2 for Shallow. ASIB soundtrack is like over a year old now. 

Regina George

OMG I didn’t even realize Grammys are this close! I wonder if she’ll announce something before the Grammys with MAYBE a single performance.. We can hope

nenhures
Just now, Zander said:

If she wins one more Grammy it'd be a nice way to close off ASIB chapter, if she doesn't win any it's not really a big deal either. ASIB soundtrack is like over a year old now. 

Right? That's why I'm not too stressed out about it. Of course it'll be great to see Gaga's Grammy count hit the two digits but if anything comes from this next one it will just be the cherry on top of a very, very big cake.

DeanWinchester

not keeping any hopes up but at least 1 win is good

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

pachinko
3 minutes ago, Zander said:

If she wins one more Grammy it'd be a nice way to close off ASIB chapter, if she doesn't win any it's not really a big deal either as she already won 2 for Shallow. ASIB soundtrack is like over a year old now. 

Age shouldn't be the reason we discredit the soundtrack. Ageist are you? :enigma:

Stephen
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

OMG I didn’t even realize Grammys are this close! I wonder if she’ll announce something before the Grammys with MAYBE a single performance.. We can hope

Im praying :giveup: 

Economy

I also think her best chances are for sound track of the year

The other categories one can hope but I don't think her chances are too high

But even if she only gets one that's great :party:

Archived