💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alanis Morissette... A Forgotten 90s Gem?

Economy

Featured Posts

PoshLife
42 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Her deeply moving cover of the American standard My Humps always brings a tear to my eye.

HAHA oh my god I forgot about this. Bless you for bringing this back into my life.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, VenusHooker said:

Is it true that Alanis sued Shakira several years ago because Shakira copied her style? :oprah:

I don't think it's even possible to sue someone over something as ambiguous as "style copying", besides Alanis would never. It was just pre-social media tall tales, like the "Marilyn Manson removed his ribs" type of thing.

Back to OP, I love Alanis, she's one of my favorite lyricist of all time. And I don't think she's entirely forgotten, just not as prevalescent on the GP's mind given how her career took a less comercial route than many other female 90's acts.

Teal Ambition

Definitely an icon :tony:

She didn't live that far from me before she became famous and moved!

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Thomas P

One of the best songwriters ever. She represents my hometown. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

fishinmyhair

Jagged Little Pill is my #2 album of all time, just under BTW.

After I discovered the beautiful masterpiece of an album that is JLP, I started listening to her other albums, and honestly I'm not surprised that she's forgotten about now... Her second album is good but took awhile for me to like it.. and the rest of her albums are.......... yeah...

Judas Society

Not forgotten. The musical based on "A Jagged Little Pill" just opened on Broadway.

HotLikeMexico
19 hours ago, VenusHooker said:

Is it true that Alanis sued Shakira several years ago because Shakira copied her style? :oprah:

I forgot about how similar Shakira was to her before she broke into the US. I doubt there was any beef tho.

imnotyourbabe10

All this Alanis love on GGD has me weak in the knees :diane:

Some suggestions for anyone new to Alanis:

Of course, all of Jagged Little Pill...but "Under Rug Swept" and "So-Called Chaos" have some real gems (Perfect Illusions, Hands Clean, Knees of My Bees, Out is Through).  Be sure to check out "Flavors of Entanglement" for a mid-2000's pop/dance/rock rad record.  And then her "havoc and bright lights" for a more solace-seeking album.

Now if only we could rekindle the Lilith Fair love of the late 90's (Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Jewel, Alanis, Sheryl Crow, India.Arie, Melissa Etheridge, Liz Phair). :tony:

Happy to keep waiting for LG6 as long as the singer/songwriter ladies quench our thirst :vegas:

Archived