💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Alanis Morissette... A Forgotten 90s Gem?

Economy

Featured Posts

Just now, Economy said:

Since u were young?

I always loved it but right now I’m at a turning point in my life and the lyrics hit home

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Economy said:

Her voice sounds so different now omg :rip:

Definitely way deeper and raspy

I should listen then cuz while I recognize her 90s power, I never really cares for her voice. 

Nah! She is literally one of the artists a respect hugely (so many great songs). I sense that people may not talk about her, but from my experience whenever her, or her music comes to discussion, it's like a unanimous " i love her", people really like her and adore her work. I guess she isn't so pop mainstream like some other artists, so that's why she isn't talked so much. But i think people really like her. 

Economy
Just now, SamanthaC said:

Not forgotten.  Her music is so nostalgic for me now. 

I'm super nostalgic with music lol

My phone and Spotify is completely saturated with music from 2005 to 2012 (my prime years of listening to music when I was a teenager)

But I also have some serious favs from before my time including Cher, ABBA, Alanis Morissette and Madonna

Other than that I have a pretty big list of all time fav songs from other random artists

I'm also nostalgic with tv. I rewhatch old series a lot :selena:

Economy
2 minutes ago, Magui said:

Nah! She is literally one of the artists a respect hugely (so many great songs). I sense that people may not talk about her, but from my experience whenever her, or her music comes to discussion, it's like a unanimous " i love her", people really like her and adore her work. I guess she isn't so pop mainstream like some other artists, so that's why she isn't talked so much. But i think people really like her. 

Maybe that's it too

Cuz I also find it's super rare anyone says they don't like her. Easily almost 100% of people either like her or at least respect her which is very rare for so many ppl to like anyone

So I find it weird that's she's talked about so little. Could he from being off mainstream as you said

She is probably the most successful and well-remember 90's Alt-Rock chick. Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Liz Phair, Hole, and basically anyone who performed at Lilith Fair are worth checking out if you like Alanis.

Economy
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

I should listen then cuz while I recognize her 90s power, I never really cares for her voice. 

I can still recognize it but it did sound quite different to me tho

I'm not saying it's bad... But I'm saying i think it changed a fair bit

LaLuna

Alanis was my queen back in the mid-90s. I can't tell you the number of times I played JLP. Definitely one of the best albums of the 90s, it's in my top 5 for sure.

Something about her just really resonated with me.

And let's not forget she actually started out as a Janet Jackson/Paula Abdul wannabe pop singer 

Yeah, let's just say she made the right move when she went rock :ladyhaha:

You Oughta Know is a great song! I discovered it because of Britney covering it at the Circus tour. Sadly I can't get into her other songs :(

skaxboy

She’s touring next year with Liz Phair and Garbage! I love me some Shirley Manson so I’ll definitely be going 

Economy
25 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Her deeply moving cover of the American standard My Humps always brings a tear to my eye.

American standard :rip:

Make it sound like a 1940s classic :selena:

Economy
10 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

You Oughta Know is a great song! I discovered it because of Britney covering it at the Circus tour. Sadly I can't get into her other songs :(

My favs are: you learn, hand in my pocket, thank-you, Ironic

Archived