Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie doubles down on Meat Dress comment: "i'm being honest & won't lie""

dit

Featured Posts

Guest Messy vers
28 minutes ago, Fresco said:

Billie doesn't care what people think about what she said.  So why bother talking about it. Maybe she's learned that controversy is press is sales.  But anyway, she's a homeschooled vegetarian when 95% of her country eats meat. If she expects the 95% that eat meat to continue to like her and her music, she really should not insult them. I saw a clip of what she said in Instagram stories, so this vegetarian mission goes well beyond 1 "yikes".  I know that millenials are skewing more vegetarian, so maybe 75% of millennials eat meat and 25% claim to be vegetarian. Saturated fat in meat gets a bad rap and so does methane, can't deny it.  But also can't deny that the vast majority of Americans really like to eat burgers.

I would doubt that millenials listen her :ladyhaha:

I am vegetarian, and I didnt like a meet dress. 

But:

1. I forgave her that

2. Neither me nor gaga remember that XD

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mavis Gary

Everyone’s still addressing the wrong problem with the clip. The problem isn’t the meat dress comment, it’s her, her brother and the interviewer all laughing together in a disrespectful manner towards someone else’s art. She could have said yikes to that too and it wouldn’t have been that bad because it’s her opinion and you can’t do anything about it. However, there’s a difference between personal opinion and just being straight up disrespectful. Which is what she was. :trollga: You don’t disrespect the people who’ve paved the road for you to walk.

in 10 years from now some other kid will be doing the same about the spider mouth and the ink eyes and the Eilish fans better long prepare themselves for it.

I’m sure she likes Gaga, she just doesnt like the meat dress :poot:

Let’s move on people

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

Cocaine Heart
7 hours ago, Didymus said:

Only in one instance was that the case and that was the Miley thing lol. And no, Billie and her brother were actually asked about the meat dress... 

In that video though, they were the ones who brought it up ... 

I mean I agree it's not a big thing either way but I don't get why should would mention it in the first place. 

We going to boo

42 minutes ago, BR1CKSnSTR1NGS said:

Everyone’s still addressing the wrong problem with the clip. The problem isn’t the meat dress comment, it’s her, her brother and the interviewer all laughing together in a disrespectful manner towards someone else’s art. She could have said yikes to that too and it wouldn’t have been that bad because it’s her opinion and you can’t do anything about it. However, there’s a difference between personal opinion and just being straight up disrespectful. Which is what she was. :trollga: You don’t disrespect the people who’ve paved the road for you to walk.

in 10 years from now some other kid will be doing the same about the spider mouth and the ink eyes and the Eilish fans better long prepare themselves for it.

Nothing disrespectful about not seeing art in an egg. I see it, but many dont and commenting about it is not disrespectful. Only people who view this as disrespectful are artists with entitled egos or a fan worship a celebrity.

7 hours ago, doppelganger said:

I think it's just sheer ignorance and (in particular Finneas') refusal to acknowledge the history of pop culture. Gaga has always respected her contemporaries and the artists that had paved the way, even if her music isn't inspired or influenced by them, even if they have publicly dissed her (Christina, Madonna). 

Gaga is not entitled to other artists acknowledgement in pop culture. And she commented on one incident, not Gaga as an artist. And the comment was based on her moral standards, not Gagas art. 

Mavis Gary
19 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

Nothing disrespectful about not seeing art in an egg. I see it, but many dont and commenting about it is not disrespectful. Only people who view this as disrespectful are artists with entitled egos or a fan worship a celebrity.

Well, you’re wrong there because I’d call Gaga out on her sh*t any day of the week. The only people who wouldn’t view this as disrespectful, on the contrary, are the fans who are unable to think for themselves when it comes to their stan. That might be you. :trollga:

Didymus
7 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I agree that this isn't a big deal and Billie Eilish doesn't deserve this hate. However,

Where did Gaga mock Miley? I don't remember this

I don't think Gaga has ever mentioned Nicki before and that Katy tweet was clearly a joke that was taken too literal .

Also, I don't think Gaga would ever imply Madonna had no musical talent since Gaga did say Madonna is one of her biggest inspirations. I think Gaga was trying to say that she writes and produces her music and wants to be remembered for that being her work and not being comparable to someone else.

When Gaga was asked what she thought of Miley's controversial VMA performance she said that "people should stop putting the letter t in front of work" with a shady face.

The Nicki thing happened on LittleMonsters.com. Gaga posted herself laughing at one of Nicki's red carpet outfits because it looked similar to one of her own. She deleted it the same night.

The Katy tweet definitely wasn't a joke :smh: It was just her accusing Katy of ripping her off, just like she accused Nicki of ripping her off. Nothing to take too literal there.

And, well, about that last thing, I agree that it's up to one's interpretation but for me, it's pretty obvious that she was actively comparing herself to Madonna in a "she is this and I am something different" style of speech. For example, in the same part of the interview she also said she wasn't a control freak when putting performances together, which was clearly a jab at Madonna's way of creating a show :shrug: That means all her previous comments about Gaga playing instruments and writing her own stuff etc. was also a direct comparison with Madonna. At least that's how I interpret it, and I don't think that's far-fetched at all.

It's useless to discuss this though. I never took issue with Gaga speaking out. She should speak out. She's human. Artists should be able to voice their opinion like every other human does. I resent this idea that they have play polite and fake emotions to please way too easily offended fanbases like @Lord Temptation is suggesting.

Didymus
28 minutes ago, Cocaine Heart said:

In that video though, they were the ones who brought it up ... 

I mean I agree it's not a big thing either way but I don't get why should would mention it in the first place. 

I did make a mistake, I thought the interviewer was the one who asked a meat dress question. I watched it again to confirm. Billie mentions she used to watch the Grammy's only for the red carpet and her brother just brings up some memorable Grammy's looks of Gaga and shares Justin Bieber's "funny" comment about the vessel. The end. We don't even know if Billie or her brother agree with Biebs.

You ask why they should mention it in the first place? It's just a casual comment which they probably didn't think would ever make the final cut. Why do you think the editors chose that as the final part of the interview video? To stir the pot and make it seem bigger than it was.

36 minutes ago, BR1CKSnSTR1NGS said:

Well, you’re wrong there because I’d call Gaga out on her sh*t any day of the week. The only people who wouldn’t view this as disrespectful, on the contrary, are the fans who are unable to think for themselves when it comes to their stan. That might be you. :trollga:

Who do I stan? im confused..

Blastertoyo
20 hours ago, Newpolitics said:

why does this sound catchy :selena:

Hire me as a writer on LG6 Gaga :trollga:

please enlighten me to death

Economy
20 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

At this point, shes just adding fuel to the fire.

Like I said in the other thread :ohwell:

You say she's a mess,

Cus she's judging meat dress,

Is she causing you stress,

Make you feel embarrassed :huntyga:,

Little Monster's mad type,

Gagadaily thread type ,

Make you send a tweet type,

Get into a cat fight,

She's a pop starrrrrrrrrr

billie eilish obvi GIF by megan motown

What fuel is she adding? The reporter is the one who brought it up and asked :rip:

At least based on this short clip. Unless the entire interview adds some more context I'm not aware of here

She is allowed an opinion, Damn. The fact is, the meat dress is a piece of art. Art is subjective. A piece of art thrives off of opinions and emotions thrown off it. Some people will love it. Some people will hate it. Some people will feel completely apathetic about it- as Billie does. Art is not doing it’s job if it isn’t causing different reactions. 

2 hours ago, BR1CKSnSTR1NGS said:

I agree, but just a small correction: there is likely nothing that Billie has done that will be brought up in 10 years. The meatdress is iconic. Nothing Billie has done is on that level. So her fans won't have to worry about something similar happening.

1 minute ago, NCgaga said:

She is allowed an opinion, Damn. The fact is, the meat dress is a piece of art. Art is subjective. A piece of art thrives off of opinions and emotions thrown off it. Some people will love it. Some people will hate it. Some people will feel completely apathetic about it- as Billie does. Art is not doing it’s job if it isn’t causing different reactions. 

No one said she is not allowed an opinion...

Archived