💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

stupidity on display ♣ chronicles of reading BTW Album booklet

June

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
4 hours ago, June said:

so allegedly i am very stupid ~ sorry in advance ~ Because I am going to post to this thread while reading the album booklet for born this way while listening to the songs and seeing if lyrics that i thought were one way are now a different way because after reading the CORRECT lyrics, i now realize it to be the correct intended interpretation. or just if i missed something that i didn't know was in the song or something...

SO SHEIBE (OH LORD) PLEASE NO.

I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS SEXY LYRIC: ( i guess i just interpreted it completely different and thought she was saynig something else, and I REALLY DONT WANT TO PUT WHAT I THOUGHT SHE WAS SAYING):

did you guys know she said this in Scheibe No. 007:

2:00: Blonde high heeled feminist enlisting femmes for this

??????? HOLY *(&(*(&*&(*(&*(&*

Its SCHEIßE   not Schebe or Scheibe 

End Racism Now

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustJames
On 11/27/2019 at 3:58 AM, xoxo Craig said:

Its SCHEIßE   not Schebe or Scheibe 

I don't understand. Its what? Whose is it? Who owns this song? A non-human entity owns a Lady Gaga song, the word itself, or?

Or, wait. I see what happened here. When correcting someone's transliteration of a word from German to English because they used the letter on their keyboard - which includes the same letters as nearly every keyboard owned in the United States - that most closely resembles a character not contained in the English alphabet, you couldn't even be bothered to make sure your own grammar and spelling were perfect.

It is = IT'S, not ITS! The constant whining over how people type the title of this song is super pretentious when nothing else is posted that is actually relevant to the discussion. Who CARES when the intent is obvious and there is no easy substitution? When this entire thread and forum are filled with sentences that do not include capitalization or punctuation, phrases that make no grammatical sense, nonsensical characters, and other informal means of communication, it is just ____. 

Back to the real topic: thank you for posting some of these, since I have to guess at a great deal of Lady Gaga's lyrics. 'The Fame' lyrics made a bit more sense after listening to demos and pre-FameGa songs since phrases like "garage glamorous" and references to "cherries/cherry" were common or explained (i.e., cherry referencing CherryTree Records). I think that 'Born This Way' may have actually been overproduced since these lyrics are actually amazing but the distortion and other effects overwhelmed them. The lyrics in The Queen are beautiful and it is a shame they were essentially wasted on a track that was included only in certain editions and is one that most feel is a filler song.   

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, JustJames said:

I don't understand. Its what? Whose is it? Who owns this song? A non-human entity owns a Lady Gaga song, the word itself, or?

Or, wait. I see what happened here. When correcting someone's transliteration of a word from German to English because they used the letter on their keyboard - which includes the same letters as nearly every keyboard owned in the United States - that most closely resembles a character not contained in the English alphabet, you couldn't even be bothered to make sure your own grammar and spelling were perfect.

It is = IT'S, not ITS! The constant whining over how people type the title of this song is super pretentious when nothing else is posted that is actually relevant to the discussion. Who CARES when the intent is obvious and there is no easy substitution? When this entire thread and forum are filled with sentences that do not include capitalization or punctuation, phrases that make no grammatical sense, nonsensical characters, and other informal means of communication, it is just ____. 

Back to the real topic: thank you for posting some of these, since I have to guess at a great deal of Lady Gaga's lyrics. 'The Fame' lyrics made a bit more sense after listening to demos and pre-FameGa songs since phrases like "garage glamorous" and references to "cherries/cherry" were common or explained (i.e., cherry referencing CherryTree Records). I think that 'Born This Way' may have actually been overproduced since these lyrics are actually amazing but the distortion and other effects overwhelmed them. The lyrics in The Queen are beautiful and it is a shame they were essentially wasted on a track that was included only in certain editions and is one that most feel is a filler song.   

Spell it correctly and there will be no issues  :trollga:   it is German, therefore it must be spelled using the German language. If you don't have the "ß" on your keyboard, then use the alternative "ss". Or if you are using a smartphone, it is really easy to get the letter. Simply hold the "s" down and tap the "ß" option. There. Problem solved.

End Racism Now

On 11/26/2019 at 10:37 PM, June said:

3:29 "I will fly in a challenger across the sky." Okay she clearly says "on a challenger" (to my ears) but says "in" in the booklet. I just LOVE this lyric cause  i was watching a documentary yesterday on the challenger space rocket and that's obviously what she's referencing here. that's crazy

I figured the "challenger" was a Dodge Challenger because of all the muscle car imagery Gaga was using at the time. Also, at the end of Grease, Danny and Sandy fly off in Greased Lightnin', thus explaining the flying car idea in the lyric. She had also mentioned Grease a couple of times around this time and both Born This Way and Grease had leather jackets running rampant.

Archived