To be clear, all are great.

disco stick tester, inquire within

In terms of quality:

1/ The Edge of Glory

2/ Marry The Night

3/ Yoü And I

4/ Judas

5/ Born This Way

(I love Judas more than Yoü And I though, and I think I love Marry The Night just a little more than The Edge Of Glory)

JustJames
10 minutes ago, Alan123 said:

Song: The Edge of Glory

Video: Judas

Underrated masterpiece: You and I

I’m also very curious to know what the era would’ve been like if they actually released Marry The Night as the lead single. 

An even larger-than-life era from a larger-than-life icon. ANYTHING Lady Gaga released after The Fame Monster was going to smash; the hype building up to Born This Way was amazing, and it is really unfortunate that some poor decisions marred its lasting impact/opinion. MTN is a perfect Gaga smash- a little bit rock, a little bit pop, a little bit personal, a little bit out-of-this-world, a little bit dark, and a little bit kick-arse. The soft opening building up to the strong production and emotional vocals was perfectly reflected in one of her best music videos through the pastel, mint, vintage, and ballet visuals against the night backdrop, leather, and fire as the video progressed. 

Born This Way as an abum packed way too hard of a punch. TFM wouldn't have worked with 5 "Bad Romance"-type singles. It had to be balanced by the quirkiness of Telephone and Europop yearning of Alejandro, even though the dark/dancepop theme united all 3. Born This Way ultimately failed by trying to push Judas and You and I in between the standouts BTW (song), EOG, and MTN.

The follow-up to BTW, with its cultural impact, immediate infectious sound, and immense radio presence, was always going to be a bit of a let-down and it should have never led the era.  MTN, fresh and not released after a substantial presence to push You and I for months which led to overexposure and poor-timing (MTN released right before Xmas break), would have debuted at #1, followed by BTW which would have gone #1 easily at any point. Judas was a mistake in many ways but releasing it without a full week of tracking was its largest failure, since despite making #10 even with these issues, there was no positive narrative about her lowest-peaking single to date. 

Imagine Judas' stunning visuals used for a song with less controversy/more longevity? You'd think after Judas, the next release would have been flawless. But, then came the now-familiar games of pitting songs against each other. Edge of Glory deserved to be teased and then released with full promotion and a well-timed, on-point music video. Debuting at #3 with only digital sales was again a massive over-achievement, yet it was never going to move to #1 when the promo trickled in during the following weeks. 

Given the songs on the album, they should have just gone for smash-after-smash and done MTN>BTW>EOG>Scheisse. If done right, three #1 hits (MTN>BTW>EOG) might have pushed Scheisse to success despite its unorthodox lyrics, and at worst, it likely would have at least debuted in the top 10 before dropping out and an era of three #1s and a top 10 would have been a better representation. All of that promo for You and I, a song that was overexposed even before the album dropped and was not in the same class as Speechless before it, should have never been needed at that time. :( 

gagaschickens

song: judas

mv: marry the night

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

Gagaism

Personally: Judas

By impact, uniqueness, icon status, representation, empowerment, being an anthem and so much more, the only right answer is Born This Way.

djBuffoon
1 hour ago, Jose P said:

In terms of quality and enjoyment, Marry The Night.

In terms of impact and importance, Born This Way.

This. But I also adore "You and I", which fits into the former category.

Blastertoyo
13 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

imagine the impact she would have if she released born this way now? 

Born This Way motorcycled so “Taylor Swift being an ally” could trailer park

please enlighten me to death

ArtGagaPop

The edge of glory, it's both the best song and have the qualities that makes it the best choice for a single.

If she had released these singles in order: BTW- TEOG -MTN she would have had 3 #1 this era :enigma:. Schisse could been the 4th (and last single depending on it's performance) which i feel would either been either a big bomb or another #1 smash 

Archived