💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Insider: Gaga doesn't deserve another SoTY

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

myluis617
2 hours ago, doppelganger said:

Mess at anyone thinking 7 Rings  as a genre bending, innovative song. It deserved a ROTY nom for being a massive hit. But if the future of music means heavy sampling and recycled melody ... I'll take conventional songs written on a piano and guitar with heartfelt lyrics and a strong melody. 

I'm rooting for Lana. She killed it this year with witty lyricism and a coherent sound. If not Lana, maybe HER or Bon Iver. 

Well 7 rings was a new sound mix of trap and pop. I know when I heard it I fell in love with it quick because of the trap vibes. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nenhures
2 minutes ago, Glitter Monster said:

Did they really need to get an iNsIDeR for that shxt ...:triggered:

Insider is the name of the website/publication :huntyga:

James Gibson
40 minutes ago, Rio said:

Why not let her win AOTY ffs, she deserves 😫 way more than Lizzo ffs or Lil Nas 

Probably cause it's old and Gaga has no hype anymore (that honestly, she wasted). So they probably focusing on the newer ones (Lizzo, Ariana, Billie)

23 minutes ago, djBuffoon said:

I have always thought that "ARUTW" was the best song on that album, I'm glad it got nominated. 

Everyone does tbh, so it deserved a nomination 

32 minutes ago, James Gibson said:

Probably cause it's old and Gaga has no hype anymore (that honestly, she wasted). So they probably focusing on the newer ones (Lizzo, Ariana, Billie)

No hype??. Hun, she still has the hype, still having viral memes on Twitter too. She’s not exactly out of the public eye like she was 5 years ago. It’s really not that old either, it’s within the eligibility period unlike Lizzo (no shade) and it has been a HUGE year for her. They can focus all they like on the newer ones but they want to bring back “star power” to the GRAMMYs. Well, they ain’t gonna bring that **** back until they start awarding true talent - if someone like Lizzo or Ari win over Gaga, I’ll be pissed. None of those albums topped the soundtrack, in sales or acclaim. It deserved that AOTY nom but it is what it is. It was the leader in nomination predictions, so this whole thing is just pathetic tbh. Either way, shook she even got nominations so 🤷🏼‍♀️

vitoburrrito

The concept of awards shows like The Grammys is is sort of ridiculous to begin with, because there's no way for every truly great artist/song/album/movie/etc. to be recognized and televised in a 2-3 hour show. It's just a night for the biggest names in the industry to get awards based on what their peers at a similar level think. Therefore, people shouldn't be upset when the most popular songs/artists get nominated over lesser known artists. Do I wish the Grammys consistently recognized quality and talent? Yes. Do I expect them to? No, and I don't know how I could expect them to. 

I think it definitely deserves and I expected that nom, but am I the only one who doesn't think it's one of Gaga's best songs?

theahsfan

I don't think Always Remember Us This Way deserves SOTY because it just wasn't the song of the year. Sure it's a great song but... yeah.

James Gibson
1 hour ago, Rio said:

No hype??. Hun, she still has the hype, still having viral memes on Twitter too. She’s not exactly out of the public eye like she was 5 years ago. It’s really not that old either, it’s within the eligibility period unlike Lizzo (no shade) and it has been a HUGE year for her. They can focus all they like on the newer ones but they want to bring back “star power” to the GRAMMYs. Well, they ain’t gonna bring that **** back until they start awarding true talent - if someone like Lizzo or Ari win over Gaga, I’ll be pissed. None of those albums topped the soundtrack, in sales or acclaim. It deserved that AOTY nom but it is what it is. It was the leader in nomination predictions, so this whole thing is just pathetic tbh. Either way, shook she even got nominations so 🤷🏼‍♀️

I agree with you. Gaga had everything to snatch the award cause the era was perfect. But maybe too short.

Too bad they have these decision

1 hour ago, James Gibson said:

I agree with you. Gaga had everything to snatch the award cause the era was perfect. But maybe too short.

Too bad they have these decision

Too short? What decisions? Whaaaa-

7 hours ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

There's a reason why we've all collectively moved on and forgotten about "Always Remember Us This Way." Maybe it's just not great or maybe it's because "Shallow" was too good and overshadowed it, but either way, it's hardly worthy of a nod for song of the year."

Who is "we"? Maybe it's just you (author of the article) 

Archived