Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Angel Down vs Million Reasons

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Angel Down by far. Such a deep and emotional song. 

One of my favorite Joanne moments 

I think I like the worktape more though. Rawer and more emotional. 

gagaschickens

angel down work tape ofc million reasons can burn in a pit

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

Customzanotti

Angel down duhh! Those hoooo hooo hoos  and the hear my angel catch my angel...   :pray:

Pompom hole n streets w/ ma heels

RochestrMonstr

I think they’re tied. I love both equally. Both are beautiful Gaga ballads. Million Reasons makes me feel safe/happy though, where as Angel Down creates more of a sad/hopeless emotion for me. 

Joanne, however, is my favorite of the three big ballads on Joanne. 

Nikolai Barrow

Angel down gives me chills everytime I hear it. One of her best ballads. The melody is gorgeous and the lyrics and powerful. When I first heard it i thought it sounded like an instant classic.

JustJames

Hmm. I was actually going to ask if 'Angel Down' was a lost opportunity from Joanne amongst other obvious ones, but have never seemed to see any love for it on here. When I first heard the album, the Work Tape was the most impressive of all tracks and I thought 1) it was a cover of someone like John Lennon, and 2) that it was a shame the raw emotion was lost in the final edit. I was even more surprised to find out it never really seemed to be in contention for a single promo, especially considering that she linked the content to such a well-known political moment (personally, I find this disingenuous and thought the timeline was off in terms of when the song would have been written, but whatever... not a big deal).

Archived